1 2 3 4 5 ... 44
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
8/8/13 9:19 p.m.

Stopped at a gas station in the work truck (88 dakota) between jobs, came out and noticed coolant dripping. One of the clamps on the bypass hose was loose. I did the water pump a few months ago, replaced the hose and clamps when I did it. The clamp was so loose it spun on the hose easily. Odd thing is a few days after I did the water pump the same thing happened but it was the upper radiator hose clamp.

I did get one of the heads done for the other Dak, got home late tonight and wasn't up to doing the other one. I'm ordering a host of new parts to replace while everything on the engine is apart this weekend.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/8/13 9:23 p.m.

finished up work started earlier, and drove it. finally drove right for the first time since ive owned it. /(the 64 elky)

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/9/13 12:21 a.m.

I took a break and helped my wife deliver a son.

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
8/9/13 12:28 a.m.

Finished dropping the busted trans from my '98 Honda Odyssey. 5-speed time!

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
8/9/13 6:56 a.m.
bgkast wrote: I took a break and helped my wife deliver a son.

Congrads! (...and that sounds better than scuffing your knuckles by dropping a spare tire on the hand, mashing it into the concrete like I did.)

impulsive
impulsive Reader
8/9/13 11:00 a.m.

just got it through emissions with an extra .6L of secret displacement and it's legal for another 2 years. I should be on a collectors policy by then so I think that car is done with testing for good.

now I can start cleaning up the tsunami-like mess that developed in my garage during this undertaking.

but first I shall quaff much ale and rejoice.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
8/9/13 11:44 a.m.

Replaced an exhaust clamp that was broken by my liberal application of torque. Fixed an exhaust hanger with a hammer. Then figured out why air would not stay in the mountain bike tires. After seeing how the shop set it up for tubeless tires I will not be taking any further work to them.

NGTD
NGTD Dork
8/9/13 11:49 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Nothing, drove 450 miles, leaving at 5.00 am, I am not in any condition to think right now.

Me too except it was yesterday about 700 km. Left at 5:30 am got home at 7:30 pm with about 4 hrs of meetings and lunch.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
8/9/13 12:06 p.m.

Got new brass shifter bushings installed to replace the old ones...oh wait, there weren't any there!!!!
Also threw on a new fuel filter and replaced the turn signal stalk/horn grounding tab.

Car still isn't roadworthy though.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
8/9/13 12:43 p.m.

I'm preparing myself to do a subframe repair job on an E36 that I'm picking up as soon as I get back from Mid-Ohio next week.

Got transportation lined up (truck/trailer to pick it up), shop, tools, music downloaded. All that is left is to purchase the subframe reinforcement plates and bushings. Then I will string it as a crude form of alignment.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/13 8:03 p.m.

Started measuring and cutting wires for a few extra grounds I want to run.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/9/13 8:57 p.m.

Not a darned thing

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
8/9/13 9:07 p.m.

Had a great visit from another forum member Fujioko to help my figure out my my Midget wouldn't run. Turns out I botched the camshaft timing (oops!).

So I pulled my engine and got it mounted on the stand so I can get it sorted.

Then beer got in the way of further progress...

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
8/9/13 9:22 p.m.

I installed starter, fuel pump and fuel filter. Drove car further than I have since last October, then came home and stared at it. What's next?

jmc14
jmc14 Reader
8/9/13 11:10 p.m.

I just about finished my space frame for Miata parts today. The wheelbase is 95 inches and I moved the engine rearward by an additional 8.2 inches. I plan to make several bodies fit the same chassis. The first one will be simple and lightweight. I am retired now and this is what I am doing to keep myself busy.

Weight as shown is 1252lbs.

[URL=http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/jmcbigbelly/media/phantomframefinal34hiside_zps443c3e77.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/jmcbigbelly/media/phantomfinlsidewithaluminum_zps7ede28ec.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/jmcbigbelly/media/phantomfinal34frontwaluminum_zpsd83148cc.jpg.html][/URL]

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/13 6:20 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: I installed starter, fuel pump and fuel filter. Drove car further than I have since last October, then came home and stared at it. What's next?

Fuzzy dice and GRm sticker?

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/10/13 6:34 a.m.
2002maniac wrote: Finished dropping the busted trans from my '98 Honda Odyssey. 5-speed time!

This calls for a build thread!!!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
8/10/13 8:53 a.m.
logdog wrote:
chandlerGTi wrote: I installed starter, fuel pump and fuel filter. Drove car further than I have since last October, then came home and stared at it. What's next?
Fuzzy dice and GRm sticker?

Ha, fuzzy dice maybe but the stickers stop with the OG dunebuggies and hot vws magazine and fahrvernugen stickers!

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/10/13 9:04 a.m.

Getting ready to go out in the garage and pull the FM Butterfly brace and Frog Arms off the Miata.

jmc14
jmc14 Reader
8/10/13 11:05 a.m.

Worked on the body for my space frame this morning.

[URL=http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/jmcbigbelly/media/phantomwdevinbodyside8-10_zps57699423.jpg.html][/URL]

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/10/13 3:07 p.m.

washed mine last night and cruised Woodward. Getting to work on the new brake master this weekend. Car stops fine, but upgrading..

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/10/13 3:17 p.m.

Jacked it up, took the front clip off, started removing the exhaust... the motor has to come out.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/13 3:52 p.m.

no project of my own, but i set the timing on my buddy's 454-powered '69 Z28, then we took it out for some throttle response testing.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/10/13 6:01 p.m.

Drove my '64 Mini down to Helix Minisports in Philly to hang out for a bit and talk about them working on my E30. They were having a "valve cleaning" session for area BMW 135/335 owners. Apparently, the valves on the direct-injected engines get caked up with EGR and crankcase venting crud without the fuel washing them clean with every pulse. So every 40K miles or so, you pull the intake manifold and use this funky BMW tool contraption for a vacuum cleaner while blasting the valves with crushed walnut shells. Looks like so much fun...

Then heading north into Bucks county to a guitar shop to pick up a case I bought on ebay and drop off one of my Les Pauls for them to set up as well as talk to them about replacing the fretboard on my '71 Standard.

The day was completed with a meandering drive home through Bucks. The bad part is over 95 miles of driving, the car only managed about 25 mpg... not good... so I'm still chasing a rich-running condition.

Will
Will Dork
8/10/13 6:11 p.m.

Finally figured out the new accessory belt setup for the 4.6 in my 57 T-Bird. It required 2 smaller idler pulleys, eliminating the tensioner entirely, and a belt for a Chrysler Pacifica. Took several weeks, 5 belts, numerous Summit orders and trips to the parts store to figure it out.

Did all this to eliminate the need to remove the passenger side upper control arm to change the belt, (not joking, tight fit) but eliminating the squeaky bearing was nice, too.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JQl7hnVRZbKvgYhOLFWIFL624pV0gs7kShYMh6wShWseOlW045hzJrv8fd2fSmV5