rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
5/17/16 6:59 p.m.

I just found out a fellow MINI club member is selling his beloved '06 JCW MINI Cooper. It's an amazing car and would look real nice in my garage and tearing up the autocross track. My problem is I would have to sell the Mustang, my beloved '88 LX 5.0L. I've been down this road a few times and I always seem to end up keeping the Mustang but damn, I could fit my R56 and the R53 in the garage end to end.

I could just sell the R56, keep the Mustang, but do I want to drive the JCW in the winter. 210hp in the snow could be fun.

Yes more first world problems but this is the stuff that keeps me up at night...

\IMG_4713\\">LX 5.0

This was from Sunday's Snowcross, sorry Autocross.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
5/17/16 7:24 p.m.

I don't think you should sell that Mustang. You'll probably regret it. Your existing Mini you should definitely let go because as many times as you've backed down from selling the Mustang, you've probably made more than that number of threads about trying to find something to replace the Mini.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/17/16 7:58 p.m.

Minis are fun as hell in the snow. That being said, id never rely on another one as a dd.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/16 8:00 p.m.

If you sell the Mustang, the odds of finding another one that hasn't been beat to death by a guy with a mullet, or spun into a curb leaving Cars and Coffee, are less than zero.

That would be one of those sales that would wake you up in the middle of the night, crying with regret, for the rest of your life.

rslifkin
rslifkin HalfDork
5/17/16 8:23 p.m.

Personally, I vote replace the Mini with the faster Mini and keep the Mustang.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
5/17/16 8:25 p.m.

Not driving a Mini in anger might leave you with regrets ftroyl

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
5/17/16 8:28 p.m.

Ones likely appreciating in value. The other is depreciating.

How long do you plan to keep them?

Do you enjoy driving the LX? If so keep it. If not, sell it. Don't hang onto it just for the sake of hanging onto it. That's what I've done with my GT, and I put off driving something I enjoy every day for the sake of having something I drove less than 500mi a year.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
5/17/16 8:44 p.m.

Id keep the mustang, clean fox bodys are getting harder too find and going up in price. Unless you hate the car.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/16 9:12 p.m.
rslifkin wrote: Personally, I vote replace the Mini with the faster Mini and keep the Mustang.

This seems like the best move to me, too.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
5/17/16 9:15 p.m.

I miss my '87 Mustang 5.0 LX. It was a great car.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
5/17/16 9:27 p.m.

Would you buy the mustang as it sits today? Assuming the money was there of course.

Answer that question and you answer yours.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/16 9:37 p.m.

I'll buy your Mustang!

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
5/17/16 10:14 p.m.

You guys are awesome! A faster MINI it is, as much as I was hurting after driving that Mustang for 4 hours there and back to the last autocross I still love it. My kids would kill me if I sold it. I just went out to the garage to put my bike away and gave Sally and tap on the trunk, that should say it all.

Thanks again.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
5/17/16 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

I know and I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, I need to just do it and get on with it.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
5/17/16 11:38 p.m.

I enjoy reading the threads. I just hope you're able to get yourself over the hump and do it and not live in constant dissatisfaction. Mini JCW seems like a good option since you fundamentally like the Mini. The JCW is just a better Mini.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/17/16 11:54 p.m.

The jcw s...an 06, is about as good as you're getting in MINI terms. Its an incredible car. Im just soured after mine chewed all its bearings.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
crlT1jmsOANxxkcIHPw4TmTDkFpY1B6fT9mEFJdGd0bHv7lNlQd4Ojt6XpA15cIu