1 2 3
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/13/19 2:34 p.m.

https://jalopnik.com/the-mid-engine-c8-corvettes-steering-wheel-is-a-nice-ev-1836317983

PS: I'll be going to the big C8 reveal in OC on Thursday, July 18th. Chevy is going to live stream it, and I'll go live as well should I actually manage to get close enough to the car where it's worth it. Or I'll just streak it. We'll see what makes sense.

(* It's terrible. Hopefully the rest of the car ir better.)

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/19 2:37 p.m.

Meh.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
7/13/19 2:37 p.m.

Typical GM . Terrible

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/13/19 2:38 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

(* It's terrible. Hopefully the rest of the car ir better.)

Agreed. It looks awkward with the height of the wheel and the flat top. 

I'm also not a fan of the 2 spoke design. It's a corvette not a civic! (I mean it reminds me of a base mode 8th gen civic steering wheel)

I also don't love the new Deep V badge. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/13/19 2:41 p.m.

The sole reason I tend to avoid buying gm or bmw vehicles is the interior. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/13/19 2:44 p.m.

There is only one good two-spoke steering wheel

80sFast
80sFast Reader
7/13/19 2:44 p.m.

It’s definitely a steering wheel. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/13/19 2:49 p.m.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/19 2:59 p.m.

I wonder how many old guys are going to complain that its not round?

"But Corvettes have always had ROUND steering wheels! Its tradition!!!!!"

devil

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
7/13/19 3:18 p.m.

pretty stupid. 

then again, I can't afford one anyway, so it's someone else's problem :)

TJL
TJL Reader
7/13/19 3:24 p.m.

I dont like how small the gap is at the bottom between airbag and wheel. I probably couldnt get my big hand comfy on that.  Did they skew the vette logo to fit the akward center. But i would also never buy a new vette so, moot. Not that i have some beef with vettes, just for the $ id go a very different direction. 

I didnt think id have a feeling about the new steering wheel, but yeah thats ugly. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/19 4:08 p.m.
Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
7/13/19 4:41 p.m.

I'm meh on most of it but the new emblem is the worst part imo. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/19 4:53 p.m.

Steering wheels are round. That's not round. Logically, it is not a steering wheel. 

The 1962 Imperial gets a pass because F.U. it's Chrysler.

Indecisiverock
Indecisiverock New Reader
7/13/19 5:20 p.m.

By it self I dont think it looks great, not the worst corvette wheel though. Holding final judgement for when I see it with the rest of the interior.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/13/19 5:27 p.m.

I don’t hate it,  but then again I spend a lot of time in 80s era Mercedes and those steering wheels are fugly.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/13/19 5:32 p.m.

I want to know what it costs. I can get over the steering wheel for a mid engine V8 supercar level Corvette if it still costs regular Corvette money. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
7/13/19 5:33 p.m.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/19 6:38 p.m.

I won’t know, I don’t partake in the Jalopnik, so I’ll have to wait for another source.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/13/19 6:40 p.m.

It would matter more to me how it feels while driving than how it looks sitting on some stand for a glamour shot. 

Looks like a steering wheel. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/13/19 6:48 p.m.

Looks: Meh.  Function: Who knows?  Every steering wheel I've ever used was round.  Round seems to work pretty well.  Historically, trying to make square wheels hasn't gone well.  

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/13/19 6:49 p.m.

It's a steering wheel. I don't know, I don't like it, I don't hate it, I don't feel anything about it. It just is. Now the leaked photo of the rear bumper... ughhhhh. Looks like a 6th-gen Camaro re-re-refresh design.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
7/13/19 8:03 p.m.

I guess I am the only one that is OK with it/kinda likes it. It's modern, efficient looking. The modern air bag era has mostly ruined  any possibility of a beautiful steering wheel. Corvettes are not really my thing but I am very glad GM has invested in the all new C8 as it's always nice to have performance cars around to break up the monotony of all the Trucks/SUVs on the road. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/13/19 8:14 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Steering wheels are round. That's not round. Logically, it is not a steering wheel. 

The 1962 Imperial gets a pass because F.U. it's Chrysler.

1960 Plymouth Fury:

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
7/13/19 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

I dunno. After staring at airbag wheels my whole driving life I feel like non airbag wheels look funny, spindly I guess. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U4Gmw13eNVjjrZNroZUW9keNlF4CI7rJkNO5FrDGSWNuhGe9uWHlt1grvATgp4qP