1 2
NickD
NickD UltraDork
3/22/18 3:04 p.m.
Robbie said:
NickD said:

In reply to rslifkin :

Bisi Ezerioha, the mad man behind Bisimoto, swears that the F22 (the SOHC Accord engine, not the S2000 engine) has the best-flowing head of any Honda and had a 9-second, naturally-aspirated F22 Insight

Tell me more on how to build a fire breathing f22... For reasons...

Call Bisimoto up. He's not the kind of guy that hides secrets. I'm going to guess it involves his crazy $2500 headers, one of his massive camshafts with bigger valves and crazy port work, a ton of compression and his ITB sets.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
3/22/18 5:10 p.m.

I think a "why we love the prelude" thread needs to occur.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
3/22/18 9:15 p.m.
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
3/22/18 9:17 p.m.
Robbie said:
NickD said:

In reply to rslifkin :

Bisi Ezerioha, the mad man behind Bisimoto, swears that the F22 (the SOHC Accord engine, not the S2000 engine) has the best-flowing head of any Honda and had a 9-second, naturally-aspirated F22 Insight

Tell me more on how to build a fire breathing f22... For reasons...

Get the head worked, valves/springs, a bisimoto cam gear, bisimotor cam, and a turbine. We ran a F22B2 in Chump for a few race with a Bisi cam gear, valve springs he recommended, and deck/ported/polished head by a local machine shop and it put close to 160 to the wheels with 240k miles on the bottom end. 

We moved on to an H22A4 after finding a trashed prelude. Did a full rebuild on it as it had 190k miles on it. Tons of headwork, new piston rings, bearings, etc. Engine was a blast and we ran our fastest laps ever at Daytona and Sebring with it. Unfortunately a bad tune turned piston #3 into bread crumbs on the back stretch at Sebring. 

We moved onto the F20B and it's been a great engine. Not as much torque as the H22 but dead nuts reliable and cheaper than the H22. 

The H series shares similar Fiber Reinforced Metal sleeves as the F20C in the S2000s. The F20Cs obviously handle boost much better and are more like the K series than the F/H engines from Accords/Preludes/CLs.

All and all great engines, they just got a bad rap because of the FRM sleeves. The tuners discounted them because of this and the masses hoarded to the B, D, and Honda LS series. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T2cLxqSuctbALlLocfUkpEYSLDgUTBXRVprSsr8TzqCzAAesRSlhFyfGmYxNPYak