1 2 3 4 5
N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/16/12 9:33 p.m.

Wally, you can always bring a bus to race.

Winston, Clem would be the one to explain the issues with running an SCCA RallyCross there. I think transporting vehicles to the actual track could be a slight problem. Our cars are all junked out, so we're not really worried about getting them back there without damage. Also I don't think there is a local SCCA club in the area out there. The closest would probably be St Louis or Kansas City.

On another note, but not to change the subject, the picture of the Cavalier from the drivers side had a surprisingly soft landing.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/25/12 8:31 p.m.

Just going through pictures. How long till I break a tie-rod?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/25/12 8:33 p.m.

I don't know. This may break something first...

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
10/26/12 4:28 p.m.

November 11...

Be there!

singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
10/26/12 4:45 p.m.

E36 M3, I think I have a wedding that weekend.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
10/31/12 2:16 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: E36 M3, I think I have a wedding that weekend.

It's not your wedding is it?!

Priorities man...priorities.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/31/12 2:17 p.m.

I'm out too. I'll be in Knoxville for sportsball.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
11/9/12 2:22 p.m.

I'm officially excited about some Back 40 fun on Sunday!

Could be cool and/or rainy. the rain is actually good as a dust inhibitor. Though, it can get a bit slick if it's muddy out.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/9/12 4:30 p.m.

Ah, you lucky dogs. One of these days...

psteav
2/14/13 1:21 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Ah, you lucky dogs. One of these days...

One of these days? Like March 3, perhaps?

Once again, it's on.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/14/13 1:40 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I don't know. This may break something first...

Missed this the first time. berkeleying awesome.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/14/13 1:42 p.m.

Hmm... you guys got any spare cars? I don't have one to run, but if there was one I could arrive-n-drive for a couple of 6-packs, I'd be down.

psteav
2/14/13 2:32 p.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: Hmm... you guys got any spare cars? I don't have one to run, but if there was one I could arrive-n-drive for a couple of 6-packs, I'd be down.

The problem is usually getting everything to run in the first place. We may have more functional cars than drivers, but it's slim chance. I'm happy to give you some seat time in the car I drive (that Prelude on the last page that five us are "jacking up") but I don't know that we'll have any spares.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
2/14/13 3:10 p.m.

John...just show up. It's almost as much fun to ride along as it is to drive. Seriously.

That said...I'll keep an eye out for cheap junkers for you if you want to pre-buy, arrive, and drive.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/14/13 3:52 p.m.

In reply to ClemSparks:

I could do pre-buy. You know my capacity for hauling things from here to there.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
2/14/13 4:24 p.m.

If I ever have enough land to do this, I will.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/14/13 4:25 p.m.

John, you are welcome to run some laps in my Buick, assuming that it will run.

psteav
2/14/13 5:50 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: John, you are welcome to run some laps in my Buick, assuming that it will run.

And not set the entire place aflame?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/25/13 8:24 a.m.

Bump.

Does weather have any impact on Back 40 scheduling? Wife's off work this weekend, so I'll have a fuel efficient vehicle to make the trip.

Also, just sent a CL email on a '91 Jeep Eliminator for $350...

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/25/13 8:33 a.m.

Weather generally doesn't affect most days. If there is SO MUCH snow on the ground that we cant get out there we may be stuck. I'll leave this to Clem to decide.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
2/25/13 9:03 a.m.

I'm guessing it may be a bit sloppy to run the full course this weekend. That doesn't keep us from having fun. Though...it may be more of the "tow strap" fun than the "rallycross fun." Regardless...it's fun.

I also expect the conditions will keep us from having a large participant turnout. FYI.

Clem

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/25/13 9:13 a.m.

I'll be there. All I've got is the Cadavalier out there. I expect mushy ground and more trucks than cars.John, if nothing else, it's a good way to check things out.

We don't have seats to sell... BUT IF WE DID, YOU'D ONLY NEED THE EDGE!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
2/25/13 9:47 a.m.

Acutally...after talking to the owner a bit...we'll just have to play it by ear.

Apparently, getting back there would be an issue right now...and we have more snow on the way.

So...If folks show up, fine...but it might be a bust. Like I say...we'll just take it as it comes.

If we can get out there though...we might be able to have a really cool snow-pack track (if the snow is still around)

Could be a lot of fun.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/25/13 9:53 a.m.

In reply to ClemSparks:

I'd very much appreciate it if you could give me a no BS assessment of the go/no-go likelihood on Saturday sometime.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/25/13 12:10 p.m.

You saying the track may be soaked or just the road to it, Clem?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aTpsDIQEbFPne26D8hP7BA96AIvmmdSTipKlvbw2SoWmiHIJ6dQNSvMHQNDP13hx