1 2 3
DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
9/26/11 12:54 a.m.

Might I nominate the Nissan Cherry series. The early ones are unspeakably weird and the newer ones (80s) are so bland they make vanilla yawn.

Early Cherries.

The 86 model.

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/26/11 9:10 a.m.

Pontiac (Daewoo) Lemans

Gasoline
Gasoline New Reader
9/26/11 9:45 a.m.

I always have like the Opel Kadett Wagons. Two doors and a roof rack.

Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/26/11 1:11 p.m.

I'm loving all of these ideas.

I may have to whittle them down to RWD and sub 2500 lbs. I want something that goes like this, but still looks like a grannymobile. The hatch just makes it 'usable'. Starlet is obvious answer, but I haven't had luck finding them up noath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_MH9xTh8LM

Although I suppose one could take a mustang and just... drop the shell of a unibody on top of it and then slap on big turbos.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/26/11 1:27 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: Most hatchbacks out there seem to say "broke college student" instead of "granny." An impossibly pristine '80s hatch might get the right image, though, at least in the Southeast. May be worth considering for disguise value - a set of bumper stickers from local bands or art shows might give it a good broke college student vibe. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Chevy Citation yet. There's also the Chevette.

Is it wrong I want one of these?

Citation X11

Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/26/11 1:42 p.m.

Damn! That thing is sweet!

It's like an old celica kinda.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
9/26/11 2:20 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote: This: With 3SGTE power from an MR2 Turbo / Celica alltrac?

Saved me searching for an image; I came in here to post exactly one of those.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
9/26/11 3:43 p.m.

It was a great little car.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
9/26/11 4:18 p.m.

3 pages and no one got a mitsubishi expo LRV?

and what i'd consider the holy grail of WTF, the Nissan Stanza talltop.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
9/27/11 8:58 a.m.

I see your Stanza talltop and raise you a Fiat Multipla.

I think it sort of looks like a stretched first gen Neon with an enormous tumor.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
9/27/11 9:01 a.m.
Taiden wrote: I'm loving all of these ideas. I may have to whittle them down to RWD and sub 2500 lbs. I want something that goes like this, but still looks like a grannymobile. The hatch just makes it 'usable'. Starlet is obvious answer, but I haven't had luck finding them up noath http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_MH9xTh8LM Although I suppose one could take a mustang and just... drop the shell of a unibody on top of it and then slap on big turbos.

Fairmont wagon is probably the most sensible answer. Some of the early Cherries are RWD, if you can find one.

pres589
pres589 Dork
9/27/11 9:02 a.m.

The Expo LRV seems like a great little van actually, kind of like an early-90's Transit Connect, although I have no time around them so they may not be that great. 4G63 an easy swap into these? Was there an AWD version?

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
9/27/11 9:04 a.m.
PS122 wrote: Pontiac (Daewoo) Lemans

There's one abandoned just down the road from me. Pretty common still here in Korea.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
9/27/11 9:40 a.m.
mndsm wrote: and what i'd consider the holy grail of WTF, the Nissan Stanza talltop.

That's pretty awesome. Love how boxy it looks, like a generic video game car.

Wonder how an SR20 would fit...

Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/27/11 11:24 a.m.
pres589 wrote: The Expo LRV seems like a great little van actually, kind of like an early-90's Transit Connect, although I have no time around them so they may not be that great. 4G63 an easy swap into these? Was there an AWD version?

wiki claims it came 4wd with a 4g63 from the factory

pres589
pres589 Dork
9/27/11 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Taiden:

I just like the idea of a little van with enough poke to be plenty useful, like when I need to go to Denver and run the quarter for cash against mountain stooges in their Subarus and then return to Kansas and enjoy the usefulness of my little Expo LRV.

Gasoline
Gasoline New Reader
9/27/11 1:24 p.m.

Come to think of it, most any Fiat would fit in my Pokey catagory. Sinful, but I would have a garage slap full of them.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qaGMlPOdzpit4UaWFYDQAfrz42DjB3Gyr04P6mnZQdjK4vp62fRqeku5zGVFBFp5