valiant171
valiant171 New Reader
7/28/09 2:14 p.m.

I am sure you can tell it is off a holley carburator (600 cfm street avenger).

What is it called, it is close to the "clutch head" but not quite...

Should my local Menards or Lowe's have such a thing?

Thanks!

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/28/09 2:27 p.m.

Can't you use a flathead that fits snugly?

Bryce

valiant171
valiant171 New Reader
7/28/09 2:36 p.m.

I am sure i could but it looks like I am going to be doing a lot of carb work in the future and would like to have the correct tool and I know I have seen them before and it is always fun to have some specialty tools

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
7/28/09 4:32 p.m.

Clutch? but not quite ... hmmmm ...

rjracin240
rjracin240 None
7/28/09 4:40 p.m.

Looks like a aviation type fastener dont have my handbook handy to give you the name but try an aviation supply buisness like spruce

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
7/28/09 4:41 p.m.

I've never seen that before, I don't think menards or lowes will have it. Either a tool truck or a specialty shop probably.

I would make one out of an old screwdriver. It won't take very long to file one down to fit.

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
7/28/09 4:48 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Clutch? but not quite ... hmmmm ...

Hmm... looks like a clutch drive to me... I have one of those screwdrivers in my box from 20+ years ago... Bought it when I was delusional thinking I could rebuild a Holley...

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/28/09 5:39 p.m.

I think that's an obscure type called a 'Double D'. But it has some 'clutch head' in it also. Hard to tell for sure. I'd say they were probably used to prevent tampering, is that an emissions carb?

randyvr6
randyvr6 New Reader
7/28/09 7:37 p.m.

It is a clutch drive. I had the exact same thing on my Holley carb. Very common on a 4150/4160 Holley.

I bought a clutch screwdriver for it at my local NAPA Auto Parts Store. Worked like a charm. NAPA part number was M-135. As I recall, it was only like $8.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
7/28/09 8:33 p.m.

Long sides aren't pinched in as much as true clutch head, but I think a clutch head screwdriver would probably work just fine.

valiant171
valiant171 New Reader
7/28/09 9:01 p.m.

Thanks guys and for the part number, i will shoot down to my local napa and smack the "vinegar bags" with some part numbers! And no its a hipo carb

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6N5ZN9j2YfRSzTznj0ldCpsCXtO0BIHqHS5EuwRAJU2mJLC3T0gDJkGniEzDuUSz