bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/1/13 8:56 a.m.

My wife's 2004 CR-V needs shocks. I typically buy Koni's for everything I drive except my truck, but can't justify them for her car. We aren't talking handling here beyond safe, obviously, and ride comfort is her highest priority. I'm leaning towards Monroe Sensa-Tracs, because I have them on my truck and they seem fine, but am willing to consider others. What say you?

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/1/13 9:05 a.m.

Without knowing prices specs or having any experience with any of it, I'm going to throw this one out there: OEM?

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
4/1/13 9:15 a.m.

I would go for the Koni Sport if you can budget 'em. Even though they're more expensive than the Monroes, they're adjustable so you can tune them to her (your) preferences and adjust them over time as they loosen up.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/1/13 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Mmadness:

Yeah, I know, and that's one of the reasons I like them so much. I just don't drive the car very often and don't know if my wife would notice the difference. She doesn't even realize it needs shocks, but it's obvious to me.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/1/13 9:24 a.m.

Monroe has a heck of a rebate deal going on now. $30-120 back, depending on specific parts. Link to rebate form (PDF): http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloads/promotions/Monroe_Change_Pays_Rebate_US_WEB.pdf

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oR8zvInCrWRjCSOdzhtY0VYMzTOjP9lhpwEkbP3Nijzk4hcMtpYxpdcFGlGKM3a2