Opti
Opti HalfDork
2/26/16 9:03 p.m.

Alright buddy's wife is looking for an SUV and we are looking for ideas.

MUSTS.

3rd row seats No minivans Reliable Cheap/easy to fix Under 17k

PREFERABLY Rwd 2nd row buckets

My first thoughts were gms subhoekon, and the armada.

Passing on sequoias due to common expensive air pump, and air suspension failures

Passing on expedition because ford,

Am i missing any others?

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
2/26/16 10:00 p.m.

Your answer is in your question. "GM's subhoekon"

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
2/26/16 10:08 p.m.

I second the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon. If you want reliable, cheap, easy to fix, and three rows, that's all you've got. Well, that and a Volvo wagon with the rear-facing third row.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
2/26/16 11:13 p.m.

The Highlander has a third row. Dead nuts reliable, much better gas mileage than the GM stuff.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
2/27/16 12:24 a.m.

In reply to Basil Exposition:

I would use the term "Third Row" loosely when describing a Highlander . Otherwise, good choice.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 HalfDork
2/27/16 3:36 a.m.

XL-7?

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/27/16 7:20 a.m.

Toyota 4runner fits too, if optioned right.

Also, you might want to add Escalade to your searches.

Opti
Opti HalfDork
2/27/16 12:55 p.m.

4runner too small according to her.

No go on suzuki, parts availability. Dont tell me you can still get evrything online, i ise to work in auto industry and ran in to alot of nla parts on suzukis and xl7s.

Looked at timing chain equipped highlanders, ruled it out because of lack of 2nd row buckets.

I guess minivans are back on the table, they are currently looking at 2014 3.6 t&c. Any common problems with the pentastar in the caravan and t&c besides heater hoses? Whats the deal with head failures?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
2/27/16 1:02 p.m.
Opti wrote: 4runner too small according to her. No go on suzuki, parts availability. Dont tell me you can still get evrything online, i ise to work in auto industry and ran in to alot of nla parts on suzukis and xl7s. Looked at timing chain equipped highlanders, ruled it out because of lack of 2nd row buckets. I guess minivans are back on the table, they are currently looking at 2014 3.6 t&c. Any common problems with the pentastar in the caravan and t&c besides heater hoses? Whats the deal with head failures?

BOOM. Done. Minivan. Get the town and country!

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 HalfDork
2/27/16 1:59 p.m.
Opti wrote: No go on suzuki, parts availability. Dont tell me you can still get evrything online, i ise to work in auto industry and ran in to alot of nla parts on suzukis and xl7s. Looked at timing chain equipped highlanders, ruled it out because of lack of 2nd row buckets.

Understandable, didn't know the parts availability was getting that bad.

Opti
Opti HalfDork
2/27/16 9:06 p.m.

They drove the t&c and loved it, bought it today

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
2/27/16 9:36 p.m.

Any time someone starts out looking for an SUV and ends up in a minivan, i feel like it's probably for the best for all of us.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PVovrFnYD2nrTTKsnMDPorxSc9kgb5hKM3jNioWIfMrFrxnCABpzMbInIqb0KzVO