tothemax
tothemax
2/10/11 12:17 a.m.

I am new to racing and I am turning my late 1980's 200sx into a hornet for the local track. It is a paved 3/8 mile ish track with a hairpin turn, short backstretch and banked turn from the 3/8 mile at evergreen speedway monroe WA. I was wondering what tires are good for this type of racing and if I should even invest in tires or are my "stock" 195 60/r15 passanger tires good for a biginner? I have done some questionably leagal road racing and drifting I know how to race and I want to be competative but is it worth the extra $$$ (that I am low on) for nice tires? I am doing this to get some legitimate racing in and see if it something to get more involved in. About half the people here are using actual racing tires and then other people are using stock or slightly better tires. What would you suggest?

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
2/10/11 1:20 a.m.

Are there any spec miata racers in your area? See if you can get their 205/50/15 toyo takeoffs. They should serve you well.

tothemax
tothemax New Reader
2/10/11 1:40 a.m.

Good idea there is a miata club that races near by at Pacific Raceways

iceracer
iceracer Dork
2/10/11 8:23 a.m.

Check the track rules as to what tires are allowed. Many tracks are not up to date on tires. Good tires are essential if you want to do well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9mu3sl09cN7us47fZdrbhqESSTK4q4UlJM4kgVKfdA3HOf2V9aasY0HXp5U9ndpr