bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/25/20 1:27 p.m.

So I just found a base 2007 boxster that has definitely been driven as it has 113K miles but the price is not too much more than a NA miata. Its a 5 speed in blue and looks decent in the pictures.

Other than the normal stuff, Anything should I look close at while I'm driving it? It would be most a canyon carver and a nice dat driver. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/25/20 1:38 p.m.

rear main seals 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/20 1:40 p.m.

Check the oil filter for plastic bits in case the chain guides have started to disintegrate. 

4/25/20 7:34 p.m.

Thanks Guys. I'll see tomorrow what it looks like. May not be able to pull the filter but I'll take a close look at the oil conditions. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
4/25/20 7:50 p.m.

That’s less miles than my 987. Doo eet.

Tyler H (Forum Supporter)
Tyler H (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/27/20 9:36 a.m.
BoxheadTim said:

Check the oil filter for plastic bits in case the chain guides have started to disintegrate. 

I'd recommend getting an indie shop to hook it up to their Durametric software and look for camshaft deviation degrees (tensioner wear) and the number of range1,2,3 ignition evens (overrev ignition events.)  Also, look for a record of the Air / Oil separator having been done recently.  If not, it's something to be planning for.  

Even if they charge you an hour labor, it will still be one of the cheapest things you can buy for a Porsche.  

4/27/20 11:35 a.m.

It had enough small issues that pointed to it not being well taken care of. So I passed on this one since I don't have a place to work on it right now. 

Thanks for the information. I'm sure I'll need it in the future. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UpgCmo5ylubrZKwh4cnnSlT9Rif5BpW4j3fZcfJkuDPYwLi5igNb0QOjaGyoECDv