1 ... 3 4 5
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
3/1/19 2:22 p.m.
stroker said:

In reply to Brotus7 :

Something like that with two seats is what I'm pitching.  Good photos!  Got any details of the suspension?

Suspension is rocker arms at both ends with inboard coilover units. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
3/1/19 3:30 p.m.

Yup, it's a super simple and compact setup.

From the winding road: https://www.windingroad.com/photos/galleries/spec-racer-ford-gen-2/#11

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/2/19 2:24 a.m.

So it’s interesting to me that an SRF is made out of square tube, I dig it.  Also, are those rear shocks mounted in single shear?

re:alfadriver

I think I’m going to fire up our folded chassis discussion to a new dedicated thread, rather than clutter up this one.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/4/19 2:54 p.m.

So Where are we on this,  I ask because This morning I talked with a man that Has an Old Racer for sale And for now no pics, Said it could race Dirt or asphalt just a Body and Frame and he couldn't Identify the body but sounded like a flat side Shovel nose and that would adapt visualy like the red car , hoping it's a Perimeter car $450.00

If The thought goes towards Mid Engine then do you want a mini sized car, or if you will give it a Wheelbase to figure upon,  90 to 98 Inches keeps it real car Sized

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/19 3:03 p.m.
sleepyhead said:

So it’s interesting to me that an SRF is made out of square tube, I dig it.  Also, are those rear shocks mounted in single shear?

re:alfadriver

I think I’m going to fire up our folded chassis discussion to a new dedicated thread, rather than clutter up this one.

Yes, they are pretty terrible in some ways (their handling tends to be pretty bad for a formula/sports racer), but they are cheap and easy to repair so they worked quite well for SCCA's spec series.

That doesn't mean that they can't be made better now that technology has advanced and the limitations placed on them as part of the Spec Series they were developed for have been lifted.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/4/19 3:24 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

well would a longer and a little wider make for a smoother ride,  that could then encompass an extra seat, and all other things being equal all the components will also swap.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman New Reader
3/6/19 11:10 p.m.

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

That Cannibal car...

That's the sex, right there.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QAVXE6157FevvYGOKiebOCcIXiiSrG91gMmVyOPPFn3CXo3F3Wsi1ocKwd1BtBvR