6/27/12 7:30 a.m.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
6/27/12 7:31 a.m.

or

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
6/27/12 8:44 a.m.

Jthw8 - you may have started something here. Mainly, I want a gloss red rebel symbol as well... I smell a grm business!

Mazdax605 wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Javelin wrote: some Rebel Alliance stickers, and a Millennium Falcon decal.
Find a good vector format image (.ai or .eps format) of either of those and send it to me and you can have those without damaging your $100 budget
If you get these files, or I can find them could you make me a few as well? I mean my van really looks like the Falcon more so than the 5. Chris
Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/27/12 9:17 a.m.

Since you are going for a Star Wars theme

Star Wars Family

More Star Wars Family

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/27/12 9:21 a.m.

All family stickers have been vetoed. We don't need the serial murder road ranging behind us to know exactly how many people he has to kill to clear the van.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
6/27/12 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I told my wife something along those lines when we saw an SUV with them on the back. She said something about meds...

mtn
mtn PowerDork
6/27/12 9:49 a.m.

If it were me, I'd paint the calipers, paint the wheels a flat black (they're just "meh" wheels anyways), black out the chrome Mazda emblem on the grill, debadge everything else, and red out the taillights.

I also might play around with some pinstriping on photoshop. Some cars I really like it on; others I do not at all. This one looks like it would probably be horrendous with them, but you never know.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
6/27/12 9:53 a.m.
Javelin wrote:

Really crappy job in MS Paint in 5 mins. Lowered, remove rubbing strip, body color mirrors and subtly modify the front # plate

slefain
slefain SuperDork
6/27/12 10:05 a.m.

jere
jere Reader
6/27/12 10:09 a.m.

Get some projector HID fogs and yellow tint for them, and/or black the chrome out front/back or just red out the tails.

Being able to see 50% better will out weigh all the stickers and rim paint you can throw at the car and will look better

Javelin
6/27/12 10:12 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I like the side trim removal. Not sure about the body-color mirrors, but that's certainly doable in the budget (I have an airbrush). Can't do much about that damn front plate. I think I should leave the roof rack bars off most of the time, though.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
6/27/12 10:22 a.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: Can't do much about that damn front plate.

Really? You can't even get away with cutting down a plate from this:

To this? To make it look neater?

I'm lucky I live in a decent State so I don't have to worry about plates, but I have seen cut down plates in other silly places that require them.

How about registering out of state?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
6/27/12 10:22 a.m.

Move it down to the lower grill area. It will make it blend in more. It looks out of place mounted high on the bumper like that.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/27/12 10:28 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: Jthw8 - you may have started something here. Mainly, I want a gloss red rebel symbol as well... I smell a grm business!

Shoot me a PM (or email jim at misfittoysracing dot com) with the size you want and your address, as long as I have the cutter running its not that much harder to make a few extra.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
6/27/12 10:33 a.m.
Derick Freese wrote: Move it down to the lower grill area. It will make it blend in more. It looks out of place mounted high on the bumper like that.

Like this?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
6/27/12 10:37 a.m.

Something like that. Quickie-shop makes it look out of place, but being able to put it on something bigger than it is makes a hell of a difference.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
6/27/12 10:41 a.m.

tie-fighter stickers denoting how many you've shot down.

Javelin
6/27/12 11:30 a.m.

Good ideas on the plates, I'll look into what can be done.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/27/12 11:51 a.m.

Mount the front plate to a spring loaded hinge to flatten out when moving?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
6/27/12 12:48 p.m.
Javelin wrote: All family stickers have been vetoed. We don't need the serial murder road raging behind us to know *exactly* how many people he has to kill to clear the van.

Not to mention the fact that those berking tacky idiotic stick-family things turn me into a road raging serial murderer when I'm behind one and have to stare at it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
6/27/12 3:00 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: tie-fighter stickers denoting how many you've shot down.

I love that idea!!!!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/27/12 3:33 p.m.

Add some chrome chicken wire to the grille?

Hal
Hal Dork
6/27/12 3:38 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Derick Freese wrote: remove the side molding
Ooh, that's a good free one!

Do some research first. Some vehicles have holes behind that trim requiring body work and painting to remove.

Javelin
6/27/12 3:51 p.m.

Alright, wheel and brake caliper paint decision time. All paint colors listed are Gloss. The lugnuts and center cap Mazda emblem shall remain chrome. Options:

1. Bronze wheels (ala my old RX-7) with Red calipers
  2. Gunmental wheels with Red calipers
  3. Gunmetal wheels with Gold calipers (ala STi)
  4. Black wheels with a Red pinstripe and Red calipers
  5. Black wheels with Gold calipers

Feel free to photoshop!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
6/27/12 3:53 p.m.

Bright freaking green wheels.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ins88HUCVd9d8KsEphLlCKS2Vc1hhxhBSnEkJlJOuy3GmNAf9VZF7MUq0eAB16b9