1 ... 4 5 6 7
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/4/22 10:40 a.m.

I'm loving the coverage so far!  Wish I could see all this in person.  So far, the Factory Five F-Series is my favorite.  I'll confess I also went straight to their website to look for details, and was bummed there was nothing there yet.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
11/4/22 12:14 p.m.

This thing is super cool!

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 12:37 p.m.

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 12:40 p.m.

Found the Hoonipigasus!

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 1:14 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/22 1:21 p.m.

Tom, what's attendance like? The halls look pretty empty in your shots.

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/4/22 1:47 p.m.

As someone with an unshakable dedication to the Honda Prelude (see name icon and build thread): while I love the  lead picture, at no point has the Honda Prelude ever been 'hot' in the automotive world. laugh

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Definitely light today but it's picking up. I suspect many potential attendees were out late last night. 

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 1:53 p.m.

Always cool to see 3D printing on factory race cars:

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 1:54 p.m.

<3 

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 1:55 p.m.

Oh, and here's what the Ford booth looks like this year. Toyota seems to have said "this is mine" when Ford left. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/4/22 2:32 p.m.

Ooh Hoonipig and a Praga R1.  

I didn't realize the Praga got by without a 3rd element in it's suspension.  That gives me hope that maybe just stiffening the front of the LMP360 is enough..

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/4/22 3:10 p.m.
nocones said:

I didn't realize the Praga got by without a 3rd element in it's suspension.  That gives me hope that maybe just stiffening the front of the LMP360 is enough..

I'm pretty sure the second link off the bellcranks that goes up to the shared torsion bar is their 3rd element... and I assume they're using some variety of wound spring or damper in the end mounts?

Otherwise, I guess it's a fancy ARB?

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 3:10 p.m.

I found a Land Rover I could afford. 

These little Traxxas rock crawlers are pretty cool. 

And yes, I went for a test drive. 

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/4/22 3:15 p.m.

My brother has one of the 1/18 Traxxas Broncos (he got it to go with his real Bronco).  It's a lot of fun.  He has a little course set up in his back yard with some rock and stuff.

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 4:00 p.m.

Electric exhaust anybody?

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 4:03 p.m.

SendCutSend had an amazing build in their booth:

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/4/22 4:49 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Always cool to see 3D printing on factory race cars:

Awesome! Can't wait for GR Cup cars to come to iRacing next year. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/22 4:59 p.m.

The Send Cut Send car is excellent. Now THAT is showing off your products.

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
11/4/22 5:34 p.m.

For anyone looking for info on the Factory Five prerunner F150, Dave Smith put up a video on F-Book that covers the situation.  They've created a whole new company for the new venture, with a new business name (includes the word "extreme").  Seems interesting.  New Web site might be forthcoming . . .

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Yes...thanks for sharing the GR Cup car! Very cool!

Did anyone notice or photograph the Honda-powered E30 M3-tribute in the Wavetrac Differentials booth?

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/4/22 11:12 p.m.

Speaking of Factory 5, whatever happened to their new supercar that was at SEMA a couple years ago?  Supposed to have an LS-based V12 and all that...

Tom Suddard
11/4/22 11:32 p.m.

Booth is packed up, show is over, and we're at the airport to fly home. Another SEMA in the books!

I'll leave you with the first of probably many videos showing, uh, interesting performance characteristics displayed by cars during move-out. There's always at least a few that catch fire/hit each other/otherwise disappoint. 

GaryC83
GaryC83 Reader
11/5/22 12:17 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

First and foremost... thanks for the coverage! 

and.. LOL.  Also why SEMA continously gets a bad reputation... for being filled to the brim with hacked together piles. Unfortunate. But, it is what it is. 

I'll probably be at PRI, if you guys will be there. It's more my speed and lets a lot more worthwhile networking on my end of the industry actually get done. 

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/5/22 1:01 p.m.
chandler said:

Volk did this in the early 90s.

Check out the GRC, example below:

https://www.croooober.com/en/item/cparts/00000105/Rims/14275921/Rays-Volk-Racing-GRC-Four?fbclid=IwAR3Of7B4nW9_7-7l76hgNVzmVsNnMKyz5elT4eHunGzCvvgEwPqmSo_pFqc

Sorry I can't seem to link the specific image on mobile. Picture 10/10 shows the built in spacer.

The wheels themselves were only drilled in 4x100 and 5x100 to keep the center cap as small of a diameter as possible. They were then sold with a spacer and special low profile hardware to adapt to 4x114 or 5x114 or even just back to 4x100. The sticker on the barrel that lists all the sizing specs is all measurements that take into account the spacer thickness and the actual bolt pattern of the spacer. So you might find a wheel with a sticker that says 17x8 +35 5x114 but the actual wheel is 17x8 +50 5x100.

I've been hunting for a nice set on the Yahoo Japan actions for something period correct for my Prelude, and the vast majority of them are missing center caps, the spacers, the hardware, along with listing the wrong specs as they go off what the sticker says.

My man! My favorite wheel and I've had 6 sets now

Man, I love GRM. I've looked around for more info on these and came up with very little, and here you are with multiple sets and your own pictures showing what I had trouble finding!

Any chance you have a source for the adapters and hardware that always seem to be mising on these wheels?

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4dvUnbHFlF3nseSgmmFIj3Ubq9ruNF9gmoCf7U20kZdZtVsp4u6zNRXGoEfNpAkk