DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/21/12 9:33 a.m.

The first car I lusted after was a pony car with a V8. After the better part of 2 decades dabbling with Japanese front wheel drives, this is what followed me home last night -

It's an '08 that has less than 1000 miles on it. Never seen rain. Really. Has had a rough life none the less. It was purchased and immediately went under the knife as part of a SEMA build. The build went wrong, and it instead spent the last few years collecting dust and cobwebs.

My plans for it involve a Coyote motor putting 500HP to the ground, running autox in C Prepared. I purchased a suspension setup for it a few months ago - JRZ triples. I should have no problem hitting the minimum weight of 2750#. It may get a full cage, or it may just get a simple 4 point rollbar that serves to relocate the third link on the rear suspension. We'll see. It will be a long development, but it should be giggle inducing once it hits the ground. It's not quite challenge budget, but still inspired by the same. I'm hoping to hit the ground in a relevant CP car for $10k.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
4/21/12 9:36 a.m.

Will be watching this closely!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
4/21/12 9:36 a.m.

MMMmmm. Mullet-ey Mustang Goodness!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/21/12 9:43 a.m.

One thing I'm noodling on - Below is pic of the CMCV's. They are tumble generators in the intake tracks that help emissions, fuel economy, etc. People typically remove them in the quest for power.

On the other hand, they sure look like the beginnings of individual throttle bodies to me. Replace the funky shaped plates with square plates that fully seal, add an idle circuit (or just a throttle stop that keeps them slightly open) and add a TPS and throttle cable, and bam - ITB's. Maybe.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/21/12 10:25 a.m.

Subscribed!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/12 2:22 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: One thing I'm noodling on - Below is pic of the CMCV's. They are tumble generators in the intake tracks that help emissions, fuel economy, etc. People typically remove them in the quest for power. On the other hand, they sure look like the beginnings of individual throttle bodies to me. Replace the funky shaped plates with square plates that fully seal, add an idle circuit (or just a throttle stop that keeps them slightly open) and add a TPS and throttle cable, and bam - ITB's. Maybe.

Dave, I love you... we may need a room.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
4/21/12 3:10 p.m.

I'm posting this for absolutely no reason.

E39 M5 V8, btw.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/21/12 5:30 p.m.

OMG . . .CP Mustang . . . with Coyote power + JRZ triples

Yeah I subscribed

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
4/21/12 6:22 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Dave, I love you... we may need a room.

Where's the sign-up sheet?

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
4/21/12 6:49 p.m.

Damn, group rate!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/21/12 8:57 p.m.

Getting crowded in here... I hope that's a toe in my ear.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/21/12 9:16 p.m.

Those are NOT pillows

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o314lCocxAwm8e707Nb3JWSLo09ncqtWUxvsoebqrBLlnvI16Oa3i7uZQx8CLTez