1 ... 4 5 6
MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/28/22 9:29 a.m.

I am not a big convertible fan, yet I have owned 5. My first car was a 90 Cavalier z24 vert that the top leaked like a sieve, then I had my samurai which had a hardtop bedlinered on, then I owned my 95 M edition miata that had a hard top i took off for all of 1 week because the cowl shake was unbearable,  then I had a ND RF which was ok, i would have had the top down more if it had been faster to open or could have been done faster than 12 mph, and now I have my Gladiator which has a hardtop but I have taken the freedom panels off once so far(weather hasn't been good enough since i got it at the end of October)

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/28/22 9:47 a.m.

Also as someone who is folically challenged i dont want my head sunburnt

Daylan C.
Daylan C. GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/28/22 3:47 p.m.

My comments in this thread are funny. I bought the rag top Mustang I mentioned then not long after I sold that I bought a Miata.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/28/22 5:31 p.m.

I'm 45 and apparently not as delicate as some of y'all. I still love convertibles and any time the weather is good (read: over 40 degrees or so and not raining), I drop the top. I've had someone in the next car over ask me "aren't you cold?" and I said, well, this replaced my motorcycle and it's got a heater so it's pretty comfy. She said, fair enough! and laughed.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/28/22 6:25 p.m.
dculberson said:

I'm 45 and apparently not as delicate as some of y'all. I still love convertibles and any time the weather is good (read: over 40 degrees or so and not raining), I drop the top. I've had someone in the next car over ask me "aren't you cold?" and I said, well, this replaced my motorcycle and it's got a heater so it's pretty comfy. She said, fair enough! and laughed.

Yep. Those used to be my cut off points as well. Heated seats and the heat on blast go a long way to making it nice even when it's chilly out. 

I've been circling back to the idea of a new ND for the next fun car, but no idea. 

iansane
iansane Dork
3/1/22 10:53 a.m.

I love my convertible. Top down 99.99% of the 20 years I've had it. Some of my friends didn't even know it had a roof. A topless car is a great experience. Both in daily driving and a weekend ride. As soon as I test drove the car I HAD to have it.

1 ... 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
Mo3VHL3Nbq4cYYMeuqEsZpFw631JlUfA5wq2ypGiSup3LZTsacWjbP8yt3LZJFiN