1 2
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/3/22 10:06 p.m.

I little before this... but ... rode to the Daytona 500 in 1962 in the right seat of an MG-A from Miami.

Sebring 12 hour in 1963 sealed the deal.

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
6/3/22 10:24 p.m.

For as long as I can remember. When I was 4 or 5, my Granddad had a green 1950 Buick Super. He was working on it one time and I wanted to help. After having a son of my own I can imagine how much help I was. Anyway he took a pair of Vise-grips and clamped them on the front bumper and told me to hold on til he said let go. Not sure how long I was there, but I completed my task and he removed the vise-grips. Been hooked every since. We both were sad when he sold that old car. Wish they were both still around.

outasite
outasite HalfDork
6/4/22 10:36 a.m.

I was given a pedal Caterpillar when I was 4 or 5. We went to the train depot to pick it up. I would go out of the yard to the garage for wrenches to take parts off of it. My father was upset because I did not return the tools to the garage. Coming of age during the 50s and 60s was a great time for anyone interested in cars. Got my license on my 16th birthday and have enjoyed owning and driving many cars over the years. My careers have been car related.  There is a red NB sitting in the garage and I still work on my own cars.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
6/4/22 12:01 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In utero. 

So young to have reached Nirvana.....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OV67RJgtaEST11tNuS9AkbBdGfAYd1YTxUPN9eyQI7PVoz5RD3T1jPHzA6wFgLdA