1 2
NewEdgePerf
NewEdgePerf New Reader
1/20/12 9:47 p.m.

I used to see them around for sale from time to time, but they seemed to have disappeared. Know of any for sale or in a salvage yard (Mid Atlantic area)?

Tony D

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/20/12 10:09 p.m.

I stopped seeing them about ten years ago.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/12 10:35 p.m.

probably atlanta with all the other cool stuff

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
1/20/12 10:40 p.m.

"Where have all the Suzuki Swift GTis gone?"

Sounds like a Van Halen song.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
1/20/12 11:29 p.m.

Recycled?

Catatafish
Catatafish Reader
1/21/12 12:33 a.m.

I have all of them! 5 to date, hitempguy and zombywolf are the guys to talk to about them.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Reader
1/21/12 5:55 a.m.

Around here they have returned to the earth..

mw
mw HalfDork
1/21/12 6:41 a.m.

My dad and I have owned over 20 between us. They all suffered the same fate; rust. We no longer have any and we've gotten rid of almost all our parts since we gave up on finding any more clean ones.

pres589
pres589 Dork
1/21/12 8:00 a.m.
ST_ZX2 wrote: "Where have all the Suzuki Swift GTis gone?" Sounds like a Van Halen song.

You know that's a Kinks song, right? That whole album was covers.

Not to derail the thread or anything...

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
1/21/12 8:09 a.m.

I know of a nice, really clean one for sale in NY state. I'm toying with the idea of selling mine, and moving on to something else.

Graefin10
Graefin10 HalfDork
1/21/12 8:37 a.m.
pres589 wrote:
ST_ZX2 wrote: "Where have all the Suzuki Swift GTis gone?" Sounds like a Van Halen song.
You know that's a Kinks song, right? That whole album was covers. Not to derail the thread or anything...

That's funny, I heard Peter, Paul, and Mary.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/21/12 8:44 a.m.

I have a beater I'm resurrecting, but I have only seen two others in person. Honestly this board and team swift are the only places I would know to check. The problem is they are widely considered valuless -wait, maybe thats not a problem. Good luck. Oh, and I do have rust repair to do-behind the side skirts, and behind and above the front tires. check there. The car is well worth the look and the work if you can find one.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
1/21/12 4:16 p.m.

I just want the engine out of one. Don't care if the body rusts to oblivion.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/12 4:51 p.m.

it's funny.. I see more old fiats than I see swifts..

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
1/21/12 5:50 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I just want the engine out of one. Don't care if the body rusts to oblivion.

I have at least a half dozen, and my buddy in the MA probably has a dozen. If you'd like one, I'll give you his contact info.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/22/12 9:50 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1361/

ohms
ohms New Reader
1/22/12 10:01 a.m.

post it up if youre gonna pass it on it! ive wanted one for years!

In reply to Zomby woof:

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
2/18/12 1:13 p.m.

If anybody has a motor from one, let me know.

I just looked at one used motor for $2,100. If I buy this one the car won't be going to the Challenge.

Sizzlechest
Sizzlechest New Reader
2/19/12 12:13 p.m.

They're out there, but I think that age issues have just been taking their toll. The youngest MKII is now almost 20 years old. Combine that with low (compared to other vehicles) production numbers, and what was already a smaller enthusiast community, and there you go.

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but here's where you're likely to find the nicer ones.

http://www.teamswift.net/viewforum.php?f=43

Snowdoggie, I know I've seen G13B's on teamswift for a lot less than that! In fact I seem to recall a couple down in the ATX/SA area w/in the past few years.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
2/19/12 11:42 p.m.

I have one in the shop with a rod sticking out the side. I haven't taken it apart to see about the head. I have been saving it for a Samurai I have yet to buy, but could probably be talked out of it....

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
2/22/12 12:40 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: I have one in the shop with a rod sticking out the side. I haven't taken it apart to see about the head. I have been saving it for a Samurai I have yet to buy, but could probably be talked out of it....

Hmm. I might be interested if you can get another block for it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
2/22/12 1:40 p.m.

I loved the engine. I hated the platform and trans. I swear I've seen empty bear cans with more structural rigidity than my old Swifts.

I still want that G13B in a Lotus7.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
2/22/12 2:02 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen a Suzuki Swift in person. Geo Metros were reasonably popular in the upper midwest when they were new, but all of those rusted away probably a decade ago.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
2/22/12 3:48 p.m.

A friend of mine just got one and is making a Street Prepared autocross car. It's really, really light.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
2/22/12 4:04 p.m.

I bought one new back in '89. Our local Porsche dealer then had the franchise. Oddly enough, I stopped by to test drive a '72 911 and left with the GTi to help keep the miles off my Alfa. It was the first one they had sold, and the guy writing it up commented that he sold options for more than that entire car.

Anyway, I kept 4 or 5 years and it still looked like new when I sold it. I've always regretted selling it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jLLEqv8Jdb1QIP2jBg4tf6RkuZwB2S9ba4mLSPgJK7MU2dL91ikVUQ0k34eLp9iU