CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/20 6:14 p.m.

I've done a few HDPE/Track day events in my DD. I went without insurance the first few times but I bought track day insurance through Hagerty last time. It was ~$170 on a $15k car. Are there any other companies that have better rates?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/12/20 6:23 p.m.

Lockton Affinity.

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
8/12/20 6:27 p.m.

Maybe it varies by track but last I checked on hagerty anything up to like $25k value was $155. Not sure you're going to get much cheaper than that.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/20 7:09 p.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Also depends if you're "just" doing HPDE or if you include cover for time trials (which bumps up the price).

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
8/12/20 7:33 p.m.

In reply to dps214 :

On Hagerty there is a drop down to select the car value and the lowest value is $30k.  For me it was very close to what the OP said for a TNIA event at Topeka.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/12/20 8:51 p.m.

I've used Hagerty, Lockton Affinity and Open Track.  They all work about the same.  Cheapest to most expensive is OT, LA, and Hagerty but the're all pretty close. Hagerty is really cheap for Track Night in America if that matters.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/12/20 10:02 p.m.

When I've gotten quotes the prices were within 10% of each other.

Note that some (all?) of them cover a weekend for the same price as a single day, so you can get more value for your dollar by doing weekend events.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/20 5:42 p.m.

I went back and looked at the receipt from the last track day. It was $156. It sounds like I did OK.

Thanks guys,

Chris

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/14/20 10:00 a.m.

Ontrack insurance ask for Steve Katz. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QEUz6MySJ03GQh5IEaRBQCFldBcJP66zjzOe2i0OKIoUrUQtJqO1JcJMt86CqSDb