Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/23 10:18 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

That is an excellent color. 

yupididit said:

Damn. You won the race lol

How do you like it so far? 

I'm super impressed. It won't set the world on fire but it drives really nice. Firm but not harsh. The hybrid/CVT combo is smooth and has adequate power. There is a bit of wind noise but I found the road noise was less than expected. The transition from electric to gasoline is noticable as there is a tiny bit of lag. I drove it 35 miles home through heavy city traffic, crowded secondary highways and a packed expressway. The fuel mileage average increased from 21.9 mpg when I left the dealer to 30.2 mpg when I got home. And that was with a couple of full throttle runs for, er, testing purposes. Speeds varied from creeping along to 85+ mph. The brakes are a little weird when they transition from regen to hydraulic but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Overall, I feel like this thing will fit my needs perfectly. 

Keith Tanner said:

That is an excellent color. 

Thanks, Keith. I think so as well laugh

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/15/23 4:49 a.m.

Congrats! Mine is still showing a May build date. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/15/23 6:43 a.m.

I broke down and called the dealership yesterday to see if they had any more information than the 45 day emails from Ford. Nothing constraining my order, I'm just down the que. No vin yet or anything.

Last night I filled the Maverick up with gas for the first time after bringing it home last Friday. 

I got 488 miles out of the first tank (dealer fill up). I could of probably broke 500 miles but didn't want to risk it.

Average fuel economy is up to 36.5 mpg. This is a mix of probably 85% freeway (70+mph) and 15% city (45mph max). MPG drops off significantly at 80+ mph (duh). This thing excels at short trips. The gas station is 1.8 miles from the house. 1.4 miles of that trip was on electric power. I'm starting to get the hang of how to maximize the brake regen system. The braking coach system is super helpful. One of the tips I found on the forums is to hit the "L" button on the shifter when coasting to a stoplight. That increases the regen effect to the point where it's almost like one pedal driving.

100% zero regrets buying the hybrid smiley.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
4/20/23 9:48 a.m.

Cool!  With that kind of mileage, if I was commuting again, I'd seriously consider a Maverick or a Sienna.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/20/23 9:53 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

Yep, that is the right color. Looks great!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/20/23 12:12 p.m.

I really love these things, but also hate seeing them on the road.  Why?  Because it's a reminder that Ford introduced a pickup that is perfect for my needs and at a price I can afford.  However, if I want to go buy one, I either have to pay $15k above their advertised price for a used one, or wait 18 months for the possibility of never actually receiving what I ordered.  

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

I missed out on the 2022MY ordering window. As soon as Ford announced the 2023MY ordering window, I jumped on it. They only had the 2023MY ordering window open for like a week sad. The dealer barely got the order in. I was fortunate to order it from a dealer that does not mark up customer orders. I used the Ford X-plan to get a small discount but it also limited the dealer to a $75 dealer fee (down from their ridiculous $1200).

The ADM I see on every one for sale angers me. This is an affordable compact pickup that everyone has been clamoring for since the Ranger died in 2011. Dealers are marking up base XL models like $15k which is insulting.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
4/21/23 6:11 p.m.

Had they just built something like it all along we wouldn't have this problem. And no the current Ranger doesn't count.

tremm
tremm Reader
4/22/23 10:52 p.m.

Having a >450-500 mile gas tank is one of those luxuries I wish I could have with every car. Going back to @300 feels like going back to 1970 or something.

I imagine it's even worse for EV owners who get to charge at home 90% of the time.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/15/23 3:50 p.m.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/15/23 7:41 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
5/15/23 8:45 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Same here.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
5/15/23 9:10 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Same here.

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/15/23 10:21 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

And here.  Hopefully Tom's production email will be the harbinger for all of us...

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
5/18/23 2:14 p.m.

Hey! Just got an email that my Ecoboost mav is scheduled for week of July 10 build.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
5/18/23 8:56 p.m.

^Does Ford still shut down August 1 for M.Y. changeover? You're in before the lock!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/19/23 5:20 p.m.
GCrites80s said:

^Does Ford still shut down August 1 for M.Y. changeover? You're in before the lock!

So I should look forward to a MY24 model lol

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
5/19/23 5:31 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Hey, it might mean that you're going to get an email in about a week that yours is going to be built week of July 17th

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/20/23 10:38 a.m.

I hate how "supply chain constraints" is everyone's easy button for why something wasn't done.

stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

MAN that's a good orange! Or even sunflower yellow? Either way, whoever Ford has that's doing their colors is knocking it dead.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
5/20/23 12:17 p.m.

I decided to throw down a bit extra for the Alto Blue. I might be a bit excited 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
5/20/23 2:15 p.m.

Just now?  Can you edit your order?

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hER3SbTHqGsMRpntGIgoEATO7pwnRbOK5VXc3vDxeM74SaH0sIlQSm6aB2glh3ks