ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
6/19/14 7:53 a.m.

...is hanging out in MY town? No GRM sticker, not real sure why not....

erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
6/19/14 7:59 a.m.

Hobby Lobby in WR? Must be a Religious Artifact.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
6/19/14 7:59 a.m.

Poor little Miata.

Another one on the road to ruin from the stance crowd.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
6/19/14 8:03 a.m.

despite the stancer leaning, I like it.

religious artifact. heh.

Leafy
Leafy Reader
6/19/14 8:21 a.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: Poor little Miata. Another one on the road to ruin from the stance crowd.

Look at the camber though. Its like a stancer went to an auto-x liked it and tried to fix the car but hasnt gotten around to getting wheels of proper offset yet.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/19/14 8:32 a.m.
Leafy wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote: Poor little Miata. Another one on the road to ruin from the stance crowd.
Look at the camber though. Its like a stancer went to an auto-x liked it and tried to fix the car but hasnt gotten around to getting huge flares yet.

FTFY

Leafy
Leafy Reader
6/19/14 8:33 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Leafy wrote:
Look at the camber though. Its like a stancer went to an auto-x liked it and tried to fix the car but hasnt gotten around to getting huge flares yet.
FTFY

No, you're wrong. 15x9s with 225s on them will fit under the stock fenders with just a roll if you use a non-ricer offset.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/14 10:07 a.m.
Leafy wrote:
Leafy wrote:
FTFY
No, you're wrong. 15x9s with 225s on them will fit under the stock fenders with just a roll if you use a non-ricer offset.

In Stance culture, big weird flares with prominent fasteners > rolling fenders.

Still a good looking car, but not the GRM type...maybe Grassroots HardParking?

Leafy
Leafy Reader
6/19/14 10:10 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Leafy wrote:
Leafy wrote:
FTFY
In Stance culture, big weird flares with prominent fasteners > rolling fenders. Still a good looking car, but not the GRM type...maybe Grassroots HardParking?

Yes but he's not running enough camber to be a stance fag. It really looks like the car used to be stanced but now someone is trying to make it turn.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/19/14 10:12 a.m.

This was my first thought when seeing the picture

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/14 11:34 a.m.

Been looking at some Miatee locally and I've seen a few that have been stanced and I just want to bring them home and give them the help they deserve. Poor little things don't deserve to be treated that way :(

Then again so many of them are red or black, neither colors I'm interested in owning again so I'm looking at Silver, Blue or Yellow, which haven't been picked on too much by the stancers. Yet.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
6/19/14 12:48 p.m.

Talk to pheller about trying to save a stanced Miata.. it goes beyond just replacing springs to save it. Lots of damage from hitting things and scraping pavement, etc. I wouldn't touch one.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/14 12:51 p.m.

Looks like it's already a resident of Ruinville, population: FAIL

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/14 12:54 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Yeah, that would be a labor of love or just plan on turning them into an Exocet, a Catfish or a Westfield, which would be a cool way to help the poor things live on.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
6/19/14 12:57 p.m.

wow. Tough crowd.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/14 7:04 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: wow. Tough crowd.

Okay, fine, I'll looke for a bright side.

It... um. It doesn't have "sleepy-eye" headlights to make it look like a broken '84 Firebird?

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
6/19/14 7:32 p.m.
Leafy wrote:
Leafy wrote:
FTFY

Yup. I own one.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
6/19/14 7:34 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Okay, fine, I'll looke for a bright side. It... um. It doesn't have "sleepy-eye" headlights to make it look like a broken '84 Firebird?

True. But it does have the "leave the headlights up like they're broken even though Miata headlight motors are dead reliable" button pushed, so it's just a matter of time.

Leafy
Leafy Reader
6/19/14 7:40 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
Knurled wrote:
Okay, fine, I'll looke for a bright side. It... um. It doesn't have "sleepy-eye" headlights to make it look like a broken '84 Firebird?
True. But it does have the "leave the headlights up like they're broken even though Miata headlight motors are dead reliable" button pushed, so it's just a matter of time.

But thats worth 10°F on the intake air temps with the stock intake, thats like 1hp, you cant sacrifice that.

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
6/19/14 8:01 p.m.

Where's the ClubRoadster sticker?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/19/14 8:03 p.m.
thestig99 wrote: Where's the ClubRoadster sticker?

*snort

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
6/19/14 8:04 p.m.
thestig99 wrote: Where's the ClubRoadster sticker?

Sadly, my car has one of those. It's from the pre-stance days.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/19/14 9:57 p.m.

In reply to Junkyard_Dog:

I know that picture location. Such a wonderful place

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tfwlgcz8GLqvLYXlZXPyjhg38NYyktjOipaWpwwelQhNuIbw7O36G17z7G6bmoi1