bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
8/18/16 9:13 p.m.

Starting with 1 3/4" .090 DOM but may want to do others.

Looking at this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/172307554185 MB-105HD

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
8/18/16 10:36 p.m.

JD2 - It's JD squared

Rodan
Rodan New Reader
8/19/16 8:42 a.m.

I have a JD2 model 30 and it works great.

I used plans from here: Bender stand plans to build a stand. Uses an HF hydraulic ram for power.

So far, I've built a mailbox stand, and rock sliders and front and rear bumpers for my Bronco.

Works great. I have plans to build a cage for my Miata this fall.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
8/19/16 9:44 a.m.

+1 on that. We have done 6 cages with our JD^2 and it has been great. I think we will make one of those stands though, we currently mount it in a trailer hitch and use brute force.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
8/19/16 11:16 a.m.

Excellent feedback, thanks for the link.

Are the notchers worth buying? Seems like they would have a huge appetite for saw blades.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
8/19/16 11:55 a.m.

Read the article on LowBuck Tools site on notchers and why hole saw types are not your friend.

I also have a JD2 unit and love it.

Rodan
Rodan New Reader
8/19/16 5:59 p.m.
Sonic wrote: +1 on that. We have done 6 cages with our JD^2 and it has been great. I think we will make one of those stands though, we currently mount it in a trailer hitch and use brute force.

The stand is awesome. I have mine mounted on rollers so I can move it around the garage (which is almost a requirement due to my lack of space). It bends in the vertical plane, so it doesn't need to be anchored to anything.

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
8/19/16 6:56 p.m.

JD2 is good. I also like the Swag off-road radius bender.

jamscal
jamscal Dork
8/20/16 6:31 a.m.

Another vote for jd2 model 3. I quickly upgraded to a air over hydraulic setup, as I hand bent a 180 when I first got it and realized I wouldn't make a dime bending by hand...

But for occasional/personal use the ratchet action would be ok.

Nothing wrong with the Pro-tools either...very similar.

I've cut a 100's of notches with the HF notcher and just retired it in favor of a jd2 notchmaster, which is of course much nicer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6HG4TsqLUMmZblyACRVTrzGqpdMHfUuHrmcfU42i2lABSnVYwOeAlVBxxwZmj5kw