1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38
dunruhroy
dunruhroy
2/25/18 10:09 p.m.

Hi guys I just joined the community and just started getting the magazine. I’ve only been acquainted with GRM for a very short time. I’m a mechanic at a small service shop here in town and am have always been interested in tearing things apart and figuring out how it works and how to make it better or build more power. So I’m here to learn new tips and tricks.laugh

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
2/26/18 12:01 p.m.

In reply to dunruhroy :

HEY man, You can learn a thing or Two here, More Likely Bad Habits though. so where you From and where do you Work, And what do you want to do with the rest of your Life, Just trying to keep it Simple. 

dunruhroy
dunruhroy New Reader
2/26/18 8:38 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Thomas in western Oklahoma. We work on about everything from mowers to semis and tractors. We do a lot of general service but looking forward to doing more technical work.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/27/18 11:08 a.m.

In reply to dunruhroy :

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Blasfamous_1jz
Blasfamous_1jz New Reader
3/12/18 1:14 p.m.

Hello all! 

Just joined today. I'll be sharing info on my Rat Blasfamous. Its a Toyota 1JZ powered, 1949 Ford.

-Chris

Ed Higginbotham
3/14/18 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Blasfamous_1jz :

Welcome! I went through your build thread yesterday. Fantastic stuff! Keep us posted!

some_guy79
some_guy79
3/19/18 12:55 p.m.

Hi all,

I'm just a guy out in the Seattle area trying to figure out what to do next with my 1996 328i. This is a great place to get ideas, especially the loony ones.

I'm an engineer, but my practical experience in wrenching is too limited to be a point of pride. So, if I start spouting something that doesn't seem right, feel free to correct me.

kiwimtnclmbr
kiwimtnclmbr New Reader
3/19/18 12:55 p.m.

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. Finally realized I should participate legitimately devil. Just getting out of a 10 Mini Clubman S and into a 96 Corolla 5MT Wagon. Slow and cheap build project posts coming soon.

I also waste time on a DR650 which I've been unable to successfully break or royally mess up in 5 years of dastardly ownership (it's predecessors all met very sad ends). I'm in southern MD, work in VA and make regular trips north to PA and NJ. Some  call it the DMV area, but I don't subscribe to that nonsense - maybe it's the NH boy in me.

elramaed
elramaed
3/24/18 3:09 p.m.

Brand new, first post.  Been reading and a subscriber for a long time. Met some of the staff at Carlisle a few years ago, good people.  Been a car guy since 1960’s my first build was a model A flathead hotrod. Got into sports cars in college.  Friend bought a brand new 427 Cobra I got to ride in, it’s been downhill since then!  I’ve owned several MGs, a Datsun 2000, Fiat 850 spider, still have a Bugeye in pieces in the garage.  My son got into Fox body Mustangs a few years ago so that’s our thing now.  Thinking of buying one myself.  I’m age 72 now and as a friend says,” I wouldn’t wait too long old buddy”

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/24/18 3:12 p.m.

In reply to elramaed :

Welcome to the forum! Do you still have the Datsun 2000? I have always had a soft spot for those. yes

elramaed
elramaed New Reader
3/24/18 3:41 p.m.

Sadly the 2000 was totaled and almost killed me.   Great car!

EastCoastMojo
3/24/18 4:45 p.m.

In reply to elramaed :

Fitting, most of the cars I love try to kill me. Glad you made it out alive! laugh

elramaed
elramaed New Reader
3/24/18 7:14 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

That’s the truth!   It’s great to see so many new and young folks getting into cars.  When I was a kid all my friends were fanatics.  No money but lots of ideas.  I forgot to mention one of my early projects was putting a 327 Chevy into a 49 Jeep CJ using all junkyard parts.  What a beast!

Ross
Ross None
3/25/18 11:31 a.m.

I've been looking around for awhile, and finally decided to join, for better or worse. My wife and I run a '99 Mcoupe and a '74 2002 at the local autox here in South Dakota. I'm hoping to pick up some useful knowledge, and in the slim chance I can, contribute some.

EastCoastMojo
3/27/18 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Ross :

Welcome Ross (& wife!) Those are some hot BMWs, we would love to read more about them! 

Jimmacsrx7
Jimmacsrx7
3/27/18 5:02 p.m.

Hi all. New to the forum but not new to grassroots. I have e been a subscriber for many years and love the magazine. I have been attending the GRM 24 package for a few years now and really enjoy the great value it supplies. Plus it's been good talking to Tim about the Patriots the last few years. I'm a Massachusettes guy. 

I started with dirt bikes as a kid and ended up racing motorcross. The first time I fell in love with sports cars was with a ride in my grandfathers new red 240z.. I thought it was so nice inside and out. He was a good driver, WW2 vet, and showed me why his car was so good...we went around a local dead mans turn faster than I thought possible and felt completely different to the big muscle car boats of the 70s. I was hooked.

At 49 I own 2 Mazda RX7 s . I have a 93 Montego blue modified one for the street and a 93 track monster..former Motorola cup SpeedSource car. I have done a lot of track days over the years and did time trials with COM sports car club. Looking to get motivated again after too many years hiatus!

Rozz
Rozz New Reader
3/27/18 5:07 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

In reply to Ross :

Welcome Ross (& wife!) Those are some hot BMWs, we would love to read more about them! 

Thanks, I appreciate it. I did put both cars in my garage with a couple more pictures and a list of modifications.

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand None
4/5/18 11:33 a.m.

Hey guys, first time posting but I've been cruising around on the crazy build threads here for a while. I'm an engineer and amateur fabricator.  I'm working on a 1991 Ram 50 (Mitsubishi Mighty Max) that I'm swapping a 4.8 LS based engine into with a 370Z CD009 6 Speed, C4 Corvette suspension and a few other Frankenstein pieces for diversity's sake. I bought the truck with about 2 years ago blown head gasket for $300 and have been building it as budget mindedly (that's a word, right?) as possible since. It's gone through a few different iterations, but I'm finally set on this path.  My daily and parts runner is a '17 Fiesta ST, counter intuitive, I know. 

I figured I'd start posting over here because the Corvette guys don't like that I cut up a C4, my truck isn't a C10 so the Pro-Touring guys look at me sideways and LS guys don't understand why I wouldn't want to pay $2k for a blown up T56.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/18 2:39 p.m.
Ram50Ron said:

I figured I'd start posting over here because the Corvette guys don't like that I cut up a C4, my truck isn't a C10 so the Pro-Touring guys look at me sideways and LS guys don't understand why I wouldn't want to pay $2k for a blown up T56.

yeah, I think our main beef is with the lack of box flares on there yet?

welcome to the fold... where's the build thread already?

EastCoastMojo
4/5/18 3:32 p.m.

In reply to Ram50Ron :

Nice looking truck, I've got the mazda equivalent myself. Welcome to the forums! 

s0n1cm0nk3y
s0n1cm0nk3y
4/5/18 7:58 p.m.

Hello everybody. I joined the forum as my search for turbo miata pointed me towards a thread here and the almightly Keith. I'm doing a bit of research as I have most of my kit for my 02 Miata with ~58k on it. I think my biggest hurdle is I hear from many that a stock engine will be okay on boost, and others saying it will be much wiser to build before you boost.

Ed Higginbotham
4/6/18 12:11 p.m.

In reply to s0n1cm0nk3y :

Welcome! And you are correct, Keith is definitely a good source for info on turbocharging Miatas. He's always willing to answer questions here. Might also be worth perusing our turbo Miata project page for some enlightenment, too.

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/12/18 4:39 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I have a plan for flares. Sorry for the delay on the build thread, you can check it out over here

Grand_Prix
Grand_Prix
4/26/18 11:55 a.m.

Um, hi, I'm Grand. I'm just a kid from Pennsylvania who loves racing and cars. I've been working all my life to be a racer, and I came here to see if I could meet up with like minded individuals, as well as learn a thing or two. I know I'm a bit young, but I really want to learn so I can be the best racer I can be. I'm already almost at the point where I can buy my own go-kart. (BTW if anyone has any good deals on an adult TAG kart or Rotax engine, hit a brother up) So yeah, that's me.

P.S. MUSTANG MANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Higginbotham
5/1/18 2:15 p.m.

In reply to Grand_Prix :

Welcome! Glad to have you here. This is a great place to learn stuff.

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JvoasxdwUSu8pLM5E3uC1P0joFHm9lwtK3CNsdTHXcfpeS0VMJt4FBnLxpVncFSQ