1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38
occamsracer
occamsracer None
2/18/19 3:56 p.m.

Hi, I'm a longtime lurker and finally decided to create a profile and join the forum. I started racing Lemons about 6 years ago in a MR2, which we built a boat around (M-Ark-2) and then later it became a Ferarri/Lambo 50/50 down the middle. I like underpowered cars that handle, but got tired of replacing the engine, so switched to Miatas. I currently have a 1993 Miata street car and a 1994 Miata endurance race car.

My day job is technical writing for big software companies, but I used to moonlight as a motorcycle journalist and editor for Moto-Euro magazine. I have a weakness for vintage motorcycles and there's a 1974 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport in my living room. I also build boats, DIY car parts, and other stuff. When not building or racing vehicles, I'm into traditional archery and spearfishing.  

rattfink81
rattfink81 New Reader
2/20/19 1:20 p.m.

Long time lurker as I love the vast differences in projects and weird stuff. I use to read the magazine in my teen age years (20 some years ago). Theses days I mostly just try to keep my small fleet of junk on the road as wife, kids, and my job keep me busy. 

I’ve owned 60’s to 2000’s American cars and have been on a euro kick for the last 10 or so. My current stable is

08 Mitsubishi Raider 4x4

2012 VW GTI

07 Nissan versa

1989 Vw Jetta

1982 Vw rabbit

1962 mercury Monterey 

More then likely I’ll just lurk with the occasional post as the wealth of knowledge here is greater then my own. 

cforberg
cforberg None
2/20/19 5:01 p.m.

I've been lurking around for a few years now, but this is my first post. 

I love build threads, and I don't remember what brought me here, but I suspect it was a Dusterbd 'drive-a-beater' build.  Maybe it was Mazdeuce?  Doesn't matter.  I love GRM and it's inhabitants.  Suits my nature.

I'm embarking on my first project, and I'm incredibly excited.  Especially since I have essentially ZERO experience in wrenching.  My primary skills are attention to detail, obsessive thinking, and an unwillingness to throw money at problems.  My other skill is electronics.  I work in the AV industry, and spent many years in the 12v business (car audio/security/etc.).

It's lucky that I am not intimidated by 12v wiring and ruined interiors and crappy old cars.  My new project?  C4 Corvette.

I'll post a build thread soon.

hello, bubba.

Peaches
Peaches New Reader
3/1/19 4:09 a.m.

Finally needed to comment on a post, so here's the current fleet:

2010 Outback (daily with a 6spd manual!)

2004 Mitsu Evo 8 (SM, maybe for sale)

1997 Geo Metro (FSP/FSM, the ghost of SCCs USCC entraint)

1994 Dodge B2500 (yup, Dajiban build)

1993 Mustang notch (CAM build)

1980 Triumph TR8 (GT1/CP, 1 of 8, maybe for sale)

1974 Yamaha XS650 (bobber build)

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/5/19 2:47 a.m.

wow, the canoes (now deleted) are posting in the "new to the forum thread" !

savvy

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/13/19 3:12 a.m.

another canoe in the new persons thread, now deleted

daandaman
daandaman
3/13/19 4:23 a.m.

Hello, I am new on the forum. Can't seem to PM yet, maybe a post count thing, maybe an admin approval thing. Got some valuable info for someone with a build thread on here.

Toby_Flenderson
Toby_Flenderson None
3/24/19 4:20 p.m.

Hello all!

Long, long, long-time lurker here and on many different forums for the past 10 or so years but have never posted a single thing.  Seems crazy I know, but on all the forums I've visited I have always found some reason or other not to post. Till today of course. 

Anyway, I plan to start a few "build" threads on here to try to document a little more of my automotive insanity.  Current fleet includes a 2000 Mazda Miata, 2008 e88 BMW 135i, and a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with plans to add at least one more come this fall.  I've owned all sorts of vehicles which I have done a terrible job of recording my ownership of, mainly BMW's, Jeeps, and Mercedes'. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/24/19 6:43 p.m.

Welcome! You’ll fit right in.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports New Reader
3/30/19 12:48 a.m.

Well ok, i just joined to post some info, but been a 'reader' for sometime.

My current build (well I have many in progress..) is Project Audacious, a mid-engine V8 Corvair...with Porsche 944 suspension and Audi 4.2 V8,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SsUwqPqGk&t=78s

Bought the corvair for $300, sold off $600 in parts from it,

bought the 944 for $400, sold off $800 in parts, got another 944 for free,

Bought the 4.2 for $200 and got two transaxles with it. 

I also have a 74 Porsche 914 I bought for $200 and today I am disassembling a 2002 VW Passat  I picked up for $150 that is going to donate a lot of parts

to the 914 Project, I was describing the engine to a buddy of mine, and he called it a Weird 8

leifmadsen
leifmadsen
4/3/19 5:04 p.m.

Ohai!

Leif Madsen from Ontario, Canada. Building my 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 into a time attack car. This summer planning to get a bunch of seat time in and see where we're at.

Available on instagram as @sleepy.ms3.

Thanks!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/19 3:35 p.m.

In reply to nimblemotorsports :

welcome, fellow mid-V8 Corvair builder!  i toyed with the idea of BMW M62 power (4.4L, 282hp, aluminum block and heads), but decided to go with an almost-single-donor concept using a '94 Corvette for front suspension, engine, cooling system, and most of rear suspension.  i'm adapting an Audi 01x 6MT box and building a rear subframe to react the lateral suspension forces.

kernymi
kernymi New Reader
4/12/19 1:22 p.m.

Thank you for welcoming new members warmly. We are so happy to have found this forum site where people with the same interest gather and converse online. A pretty reliable site to find cars and parts for sale. It has vast topics to read, respond and follow.

HeyOldDude
HeyOldDude None
4/18/19 12:38 p.m.

Hey guys. I'm just gonna go by my screen name for now if that's OK? Found this site about a week ago and decided to sign up hoping I might get a few leads or suggestions. I'm finally getting around to a project I've wanted to do for over 10 years; a mid-engine AM coupe. Here's what I have and what I'm looking to do. Turn my 2002 Stratus 3.0L 5-speed R/T coupe into a mid-engine V-6 twin turbo driver & weekend corner carver. Trying to stay as much Mopar as possible. I have no idea where to look here for starters and who to ask for advice. What I do know is that the front sub-frame of a 1999 Intrepid 3.5L ES should relocate right behind the drivers seat starting where the fuel tank is. What forum should I post, in detail, what I have/found/want to do? I've noticed quite a few posts are from the UK here so I'm not sure if I can get help for starters, although any additional knowledge of cars goes a long way into weeding out possible issues down the road. Thanks for reading this rant. Currently on a 48 hour day for the last 6 months.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe None
4/23/19 8:46 a.m.

Hi, new here.  Long time lurker myself.  

Been around drag racing a lot in the 90's and 00's, but I've always been a sports car racing fan at heart.  Life is getting settled down and looking to get into amateur sports car racing, ChampCar ( maybe)  and NASA HPD.  

Error404
Error404
4/23/19 10:34 p.m.

Howdy!

New to the forums, obviously, as a poster as well as a reader. My current stable is an '07 GTI with DSG that I've tracked at a few HPDE events at Roebling and a '13 Honda CB500F (first year) that has not seen a track. 

I'm finally at a point where I am capable of taking on a mild car project and I am a bit undecided on what car to start with. I like the idea of an '88-'92 Fox Mustang but I also like the looks of a Fiero better, and the mid-engine doesn't hurt. 

With luck there wil be a build thread of some sort coming out in the near future.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/23/19 10:41 p.m.

In reply to Error404 :

Fiero gets my vote. Oh, and nice user name wink.

Welcome to the forum.

Error404
Error404 New Reader
4/23/19 10:47 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Thanks, my GTI is Fahrenheit #404 so it seemed kinda straightforward. 

The problem with a Fiero is finding one that will make a decent backup, just-in-case daily that isn't so nice I'll feel bad about tracking and modding. Any tips on finding good deals on Fieros?

The problem with either, right now, is that the List of Craig is experiencing sever difficulties in my area. I fully expect it to recover, though, so I'm working on some general goals and build plans. I actually just got done reading through your Scratchy build thread. 

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
4/24/19 6:39 a.m.

Error, Error, Error, 

Look Back through the Cars for Sale Section,    There are at Least 3 Fiero's in the 5 Hundred dollar "Hood'  In Your Area,  mid Fla.. 

And Welcome

BigLou
BigLou New Reader
4/24/19 11:28 a.m.

New to the forum, but a long time lurker for many years.  Has always been my go to site to check out cool and fun projects and cars.

Live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. 

Have owned and number of different types of cars over the years:

'85 Trans Am, '85 IROC-Z, '89 Mustang GT, '95 Mustang GT,  (2) '67 Camaros with 4 speeds,

'82 Porsche 928 Manual Trans Weissach Edition, '86 Mercedes 560 SEC

Just sold my '67 Camaro and I'm looking to get something else a little more modern. Have a few things in mind but haven't decided on which car yet.

Daily driver is a Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4.

slomaro2
slomaro2 New Reader
4/27/19 9:02 a.m.

Hi all. 

I'm brand new to the grm forums. I found it while looking for a fun car with three pedals to teach my girls to drive a stick. On that topic, does anyone know how I can get approved to send private messages? 

As for me, if it has wheels (or tracks, or can be modified) I'm a fan. I've had a few cool (to me) cars in the past (supercharged lt1 z28, 3.0 contour svt set up for scca, 97 ws6, 99 Dakota rt, modded Lincoln mark viii, ls drag truck... and a minivan for YEARS). Now it's time to teach the oldest of my three kids to drive a manual and we don't have one in the fleet.  Fun times to follow....

meareweird
meareweird New Reader
4/27/19 7:49 p.m.

Been lurking a while and decided to post a new build thread. Im in central Ohio and I like weird cars. Seems like I will fit in fine around here.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/forcing-a-square-pegx-90-in-a-round-holeautocross/153183/page1/#post2724338

vintagemilano
vintagemilano None
4/29/19 8:41 p.m.

Been lurking for ages, long time subscriber, love all the cool tidbits here. Keep up the good work. 

levireyes
levireyes
4/30/19 5:33 p.m.

Newb here obviously but been a lurker for awhile now.  The inevitable "login "in order to post.  A few clicks later, I am logged in!

15f80
15f80 New Reader
5/1/19 12:27 a.m.

Lurker for maybe 6 years, started autocrossing before most people owned a computer.

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EiXhaq02rgJCi7hUKNL4jgqcdRuUUouu8yxlIImmNgHRyQ7ZrLSMbnITaGTmY7Te