1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38
christopher aheron
christopher aheron New Reader
4/22/20 9:04 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I love it! it's been in the family for 3 generations now and just had a full engine rebuild at Chair City. I've been enjoying and was looking to finally take it to a autocross now that it won't leak oil everywhere!

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
4/30/20 12:56 p.m.

Hey, Cam here. Just joined and am loving it so far. still young (just getting into high school). so I am saving up for an old, American jeep xj(1997 preferred.) me an dad have a 1966 Ford Ranchero that we want to swap a 289 into, and it is going great!(so far). I love Fords, Ford Diesels, and Murica. I am also an avid collector of model cars. That's all for now.

GHOPPER
GHOPPER
5/6/20 9:32 a.m.

Hi, Im Ron from San Diego CA. I just started autocross this year. I got one race in before the lockdown. Can't wait for the next one, I'm hooked. I have a 06 Mustang GT.

GaryC83
GaryC83 New Reader
5/9/20 5:29 p.m.

Not new to GRM, just finally registered. Been reading for years and years. I'm a fabricator at Rad Rides (yes, that Rad Rides) and finally got around to signing up here as some of the 3d printing stuff and build threads caught my interest. 

Some truly awesome stuff on the board. Like I said, I've been reading the magazine and forum for years, just never bothered to register. 

Davis Jason
Davis Jason New Reader
5/20/20 11:14 a.m.

Hi everyone, I am an auto mechanic and repairer, and I got to know this forum through a friend. Currently, I am driving a Ford F150 that I bought since 2015. I am very impressed with this forum because there is a lot of useful information.

Bjorn1349
Bjorn1349 None
5/22/20 10:49 a.m.

Hey dudes,

Been a lurker for a while but I just joined recently with a subscription. I also gifted two subscriptions to a couple buddies of mine I know are bored and underemployed at the moment. Hopefully something to occupy their time a bit.  I'm currently driving a slightly modded Nissan Leaf and im in the process of buying a new "fun car" NB Miata. Thanks for all the help and articles. They've been immensely useful.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Dork
5/22/20 10:58 a.m.

In reply to Dieselboss15 :

"old" and "1997" are mutually exclusive, btw...

shadetree30
shadetree30 Dork
5/24/20 7:36 a.m.

Hello again, it's shadetree30
Luckily retained my screenname and my Dork status,
...York PA recently retired but still love GRM. Was out of circ for awhile and trying to make sense of the past two months.
no current projects but I see some familiar folks like AngryCorvair.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
6/1/20 11:00 a.m.

In reply to shadetree30 :

i typed "old" before i typed "1997"... xD

dk07
dk07 New Reader
6/6/20 1:01 p.m.

Hi, my names is Diogo and I'm from Portugal. I have a Mercedes 190E and I trying to mod the fuel and admission system, and that's why I joined the forum. Thank you.

WilliamCoffey
WilliamCoffey None
6/20/20 5:51 a.m.

Hi! I'm William. I just joined June 20, 2020.

I found that this group is very helpful though I am a newbie.

Gabisp
Gabisp None
6/22/20 7:10 a.m.

Hi all. I'm newbie. Nice to be a part of this community!

Freckles1
Freckles1
6/23/20 8:25 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Hi My name is Dave I just signed up last night, I'm in the process of trying to build a daily driver 1978 Chevy El Camino, that i just pulled the six cylinder out of and put a 1980 350 out of a C10 in which was missing half of the mounting brackets and I can't seem to find one like it anywhere here's a photo of the part I need any help would be greatly appreciated.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Member
7/8/20 11:05 p.m.

Another long time lurker turned new member. 

I call Eastern Washington home. I'm a crane operator, a father and a builder of things. Nothing I do is masterful, I just tend to be handy to have around.

Therealkaisersoze
Therealkaisersoze
7/13/20 1:53 p.m.

Fellow long time lurker. I work in health care in health care in Portland, OR

I've tried a tiny bit of autocross, a few trackdays, Skip Barber etc.

I tend to be bored and consequently my cars tend to modified more significantly than my talent would require. I tend to acquire things and not get rid of them 

erdocmitch
erdocmitch
7/13/20 11:14 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

My first forum post! 

As all here can appreciate, Grassroots Motorsports is not just a magazine.  It is a community. A very welcoming, realistic and for me- local community,  Since I have been sort of living in this community of devotees of gasoline and rubber, "lurking" I  believe it is called, I thought it was rude of me to not a least say hello.  This  is mostly prompted by my son "Cruisermatt" working on a build for the Grassroots 2020 challenge.  Read about the BMW /LS project that he's building with his UCF engineering buddies and you will have a pretty good glimpse into the cureent topic of conversation in our garage...    

I'm in the Winter Park Area, a much better ER doctor than driver or mechanic, but I do love working on projects and racing when I can.  The blood, vomit  and poop helps pay for the oil, gas and rubber.  I can sometimes finish an SCCA race in my EP 944s Porsche without something breaking. I do have fun.  I've been mostly driving a Miata with my friend Mike VanSteenberg  at ISC Racing - Chump/Champ Car and World Racing League.   I hope to share my current dream of lifetime build soon.  I'm in my 50's but I still have my first car, which is finally getting the attention it deserves.        

Jhens3
Jhens3 None
7/28/20 12:43 p.m.

Hello all, GRM is a recent (been lurking for a couple months now) discovery for me. Didn't even know this place existed until I started looking around for info on my current project. I am currently swapping a 2.3 ecoboost into an 84 944, easily the biggest project I've ever been a part of. I am a ford technician, which is part of the reason I'm going with that engine. Loving all of the creative solutions people have come up with on this forum!

Matt330LS
Matt330LS
7/29/20 12:45 p.m.

New guy here, long time lurker.  Current project, four years in the works, is an LQ4 swapped E46 coupe I'm building for HPDE and TT.  

Nate Moddes
Nate Moddes
8/4/20 12:54 p.m.

I'm also a long time lurker. I've got a dozen or so track days under my belt. I'm looking to have an autocross specific car and they're a ton of knowledge on this forum.

I also enjoy the Challenge Builds.

TylerCYR
TylerCYR New Reader
8/10/20 3:00 p.m.

I am a long time lurker and figured I would at least say hello.  I race an e30 in ChampCar and have grown a lot in mechanical and garage engineering skills over the years.   I hail from NW Ohio. 

I started autoxing in 2010 with a 2005 Subaru STi (which I still own).  I met a couple of friends and we deicded to go ChampCar racing in a 90s Dodge Shadow.  It was the worst decision that I made, but it was a good start for us.  I then went and purchased 1995 Subaru L from a team in ChampCar.  I was in love with Subarus and just knew how to work on them at the time.  We proceeded to do pretty well in the Subaru but we didn't have enough power.  We put in a 3.3L from a SVX in that car.  The car was a rocketship when it ran correctly (25% of the time usually).  I think that I paid way too much money to try and develop that engine.  Maybe Subaru should pay me for some of my idiotic knowledge.  

I looked at the finishing cars and saw that BMW e30s were the ones that were always finishing races and at the top.  I proceeded to buy an e30 and put a m50 in it.  The rules in ChampCar forced me to go back to the m20 engine.  I now run an aero car with a m20.  I have run over 35 race tracks in the US and Canada.

Some of my other hobbies include: gardening, planting trees, drinking bourbon, drinking beer, smoking cigars, working on house projects and hanging out with friends.

Violette the e30

A corner of our garden this year

Trindad Scorpion

Removing our old deck to get ready for a concrete patio

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/10/20 8:48 p.m.
TylerCYR said:

I am a long time lurker and figured I would at least say hello.  I race an e30 in ChampCar and have grown a lot in mechanical and garage engineering skills over the years.   I hail from NW Ohio. 

I started autoxing in 2010 with a 2005 Subaru STi (which I still own).  I met a couple of friends and we deicded to go ChampCar racing in a 90s Dodge Shadow.  It was the worst decision that I made, but it was a good start for us.  I then went and purchased 1995 Subaru L from a team in ChampCar.  I was in love with Subarus and just knew how to work on them at the time.  We proceeded to do pretty well in the Subaru but we didn't have enough power.  We put in a 3.3L from a SVX in that car.  The car was a rocketship when it ran correctly (25% of the time usually).  I think that I paid way too much money to try and develop that engine.  Maybe Subaru should pay me for some of my idiotic knowledge.  

I looked at the finishing cars and saw that BMW e30s were the ones that were always finishing races and at the top.  I proceeded to buy an e30 and put a m50 in it.  The rules in ChampCar forced me to go back to the m20 engine.  I now run an aero car with a m20.  I have run over 35 race tracks in the US and Canada.

Some of my other hobbies include: gardening, planting trees, drinking bourbon, drinking beer, smoking cigars, working on house projects and hanging out with friends.

Violette the e30

A corner of our garden this year

Trindad Scorpion

Removing our old deck to get ready for a concrete patio

Link to race page.  Funny pictures (may be from wgi)...

Also, start a thread with your adventures.  Include everything including bourbon, monitors, cigars, garden, cars, etc....  I would check it out....

Haha.

P.s. hey buddy!

Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
8/14/20 10:59 p.m.

Apparently I'm born again!

Can I get a hell yeah!?!

I last posted sometime around 2008?  But that is all old news.  Old news that no longer exists here.

So I'm getting reconnected with the great group of peeps here and the great staff at the Mag.  I'm also working on a 2020 Challenge car build right now.

So...hi to all and I'm happy the be back and gathering and sharing info on this forum!

Until laterer!

Catch22/Jason

Jeff_Fro
Jeff_Fro
8/17/20 1:41 p.m.

Just came across this site this morning.  Looks to be a fairly diverse group.  My back ground is a lot of aviation, military mostly.  have built several traditional dune buggies from scratch, a couple of motorcycles, a trike from scratch, designed a boat trailer to be built this fall, and have started drawing up a 4wd dune buggy.

I will be asking quite a few questions, just not sure where to place them as of yet.  Anyways, back to reading this awesome site.

Jeff Fro

JRBaccaglio
JRBaccaglio None
8/20/20 8:03 p.m.

Well, i was looking for DATSUN freaks who modifies A series engines, and found some information, i hope you guys can help me with some questions.

A like the forum, wide variety of cars, stories....

Chuck McAbee
Chuck McAbee
9/12/20 3:52 p.m.

Long time GRM reader - just joined.

F500 racer with a TR-7 Convertible as a toy car

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
75jFKiNwFJDdvVd34gh96Ouwai0Lj3ueExXEI5WfBsoPrSXsI19UKSLzTxpEKWdM