1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38
DanB65
DanB65 New Reader
6/28/21 3:26 p.m.

Loong time subscriber. 1st post 5 minutes ago, 2nd post... this one. :)

Buick1983
Buick1983 New Reader
6/28/21 10:09 p.m.

Hello am Bill am new here. I was referred to this forum for my build. Am restoring an 83 buick regal t-type...with a ls 6.0 drive by wire.and need to know what the solution is for the kick down cable is

Any help on how I can find information on how to posts in here. Am looking for information to do a kick down cable to a drive by wire throttle body. Would be 

Sorry am not tech savvy that's my wife...lol

Burrrrrton
Burrrrrton New Reader
7/9/21 7:49 a.m.

Hey! My name is Kay and I am also new to this forum. During my short history of staying here, I have had a couple of curious situations with account activation. For some reason, a couple of days ago they blocked me for no reason and deleted my messages. I hope everything will be fine this time. Not so long ago I got carried away with the modernization of cars, so I will absorb information on this forum to think over my projects.

TJ74_
TJ74_
7/16/21 8:35 a.m.

Hi! My name is TJ and I am one of the managers for a race shop in Texas. I always enjoy reading articles from GRM so I figured I might jump in and share some of our cool shop builds that we have going on or my own personal projects and see what the community thinks!

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI
7/16/21 11:24 a.m.

Hi, Mike from Ohio.  I have been a GRM subscriber since the 90S, I started reading the Forum during Covid and I got sucked into hill climbing, old cars, the challenge and especially the Triangle of Bad Decisions.

Thank you all for the entertainment. I honestly don't remember what I used to do in my spare time.

robertdavid8520
robertdavid8520 New Reader
7/17/21 10:27 a.m.

Hi there, Robert from Ohio. Just joined this forum a few days ago and found many many interesting topics with helpful comments... very very helpful. I learned a lot from everybody here. Just read some old topic and wanted to jump right away to discuss but it's no longer active... a bit regret not to join this forum earlier. Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Gzwg
Gzwg New Reader
7/19/21 4:15 a.m.

Hi!

Bernhard from Austria.

I finally registered, after reading for quite some time (years??).

I'm not that mechanically inclined, but still like to do little stuff to my cars and bikes.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/19/21 5:49 a.m.
Gzwg said:

Hi!

Bernhard from Austria.

I finally registered, after reading for quite some time (years??).

I'm not that mechanically inclined, but still like to do little stuff to my cars and bikes.

Hey, you forgot to mention that you were great at finding parts and transmissions for obscure vehicles in Europe laugh

Gzwg
Gzwg New Reader
7/19/21 6:28 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

I thought you might need a little help, finding the local craigslist alternatives. It's funny that in every country a different website seems to be the favourite place to sell things.

Barb_Dwyer
Barb_Dwyer
7/19/21 4:25 p.m.

I am new here!

JPW_in_Ohio
JPW_in_Ohio
7/23/21 9:05 a.m.

New to the forum and thinking about buying a car for some autocross and track time. I have been kicking the idea around for years but I have worked on cars since my teens. I have had countless cars over the years and several I regret selling as we all do at some point. My only fun car right now is  2005 T-Bird that is getting a Borla Exhaust and K&N Intake with the SCT tune. It's not a racer but fun to put the top down and cruise.  I live near Mid-Ohio and just took a day One of of the HPDE classes and I'm hooked.

buenavides1
buenavides1 New Reader
7/28/21 10:45 p.m.

I am the latest addition to this community and below is a photo of dad's well-maintained Malibu. 

Sgt_Sizzle
Sgt_Sizzle New Reader
7/30/21 1:03 p.m.

Hello, my name is Conner, and I'm a projectoholic, Hello Conner. I'm brand spanking new here after reading many a thread through and through and seeing that this is a community I want to associate with, participate in and get to know better, in short, these are my people. I live a 10 minute walk from my local quarter mile drag strip in rural Quebec, Canada (yes The Great White North speaketh) At 25 years of age I've already owned more cars then I can count on both hands, and most toes, and currently have 5 cars sitting on property patiently awaiting their destiny (with another one potentially on the way if the seller can come up with paperwork) I hope to start build threads soon, a push from you bunch I'm sure will get the ball rolling. A taste of whats waiting in the wings include a 2006 Chevy Aveo5 potential autox/Civic chaser. 2007 Pooparu Legacy GT, bought this car in immaculate condition and within a month blew both rear break lines, ate a boulder to the windshield and was run off the road by a semi and met the guard rail, 'frame off' restomod turn 1/4 mile terror. 1953 Chevy BelAir, full frame off restomod, highway cruiser/show pony. And a couple other surprises I'll divulge in time. Thanks for having me and i hope to do great things together.

Thanks

Caperix
Caperix
8/1/21 10:14 a.m.

My name is Brad, I am new to the forum, but have been reading it for about a year.  I have been reading GRM for about 15 years, I have attended the challenge one year, but have not participated.  I recently moved from the Savannah GA area to the Raleigh NC area and now have more room to work on my many car & bike projects, especially my 74 260z that has been uncompleted to long to mention.

I will have plenty of questions on getting my home shop setup as I moved from a small 2 car garage that 6 motor cycles and the z car had to share to a 30 x 40 air conditioned shop.

I repair BMW's for a living so I should be able to help answer questions anyone has on those.

EBC_BRAKES
EBC_BRAKES New Reader
8/5/21 2:03 p.m.

Hi Everyone,

We (EBC Brakes) have joined the forum as a vendor so we can assist you all with any braking issues.

If you have any questions regarding our products or just need some brake advice, please let us know.

We look forward to chatting with you.

MARF
MARF
9/12/21 8:14 a.m.

Good morning!

I'm Ronald in Michigan. Read the magazine way back and decided to finally join the forum. I daily a Mazda3 (love that car) and my project is a 95 Tercel. It's been a while since I've been on a track, last time was Sebring. Last autoX was sometime in 2015.

Skimmed the forum and it seems like the place to be I'm looking forward to getting to know the family

Milburn Emery
Milburn Emery New Reader
9/12/21 11:58 a.m.

Hi, my name is Milburn. Been getting GRM since early 2000's .  Have had lots of unique cars in the past.  Currently dont have project car. We own 2017  RAM  quad cab 3500 dually 8 ft bed that i pull my big RV camper with.  We bought a 2020 Toyota Highlander  Limited edition to use around town and transport our dogs.  We also have a 2012 Mercedes E350 A-207 cabriolet in stannite exterior/ beige interior ( kinda rare colour ) for country drives etc.

Unique cars I have owned over the past 52 years.....1960 VW bug, black with yellow fenders "nicknamed" Dawn" with rising sun on drivers door. 1965 VW Karmann Ghia coupe in bahama blue, headers Holley 2 bbl, Mallory ignition, uprated shocks and brakes.. 1971 Ford Pinto with Kent engine, lots of suspension mods,  AM FM cassette stereo with four Jensen speakers and amp, 8in wide ET mags with 50 series tires, Twin Holley 2 bbl, headers, cam, Big valve head, Mallory ign...Had a ford SB 302 but never got a chance to put it in it... 1971 Mazda RX2 that never ran after bringing home,  1973 RX3 Station wagon, converted to pull large pop up camper ( rotary did not like that ) ...1974 Rx3 2 door coupe made into RX3 SP look alike complete with 205/50/13 tires..what a sweet car !....1974 Ford Capri V6 that i removed the heavy ass Federal 5 mph bumpers ( about 100 lbs )  and custom made a front air dam that looked like a snow plow kinda  lol...2--1979 Ford Fiestas  1 Sport  model,  that  i modded with exhaust, Koni struts uprated brakes, no cat, headers and of course Jensen stereo and extra speakers..  the other was a standard model that I upgraded the interior to S model specs, Used lots of parts from BAT.  Twin Weber 40 IDF, headers, Facet fuel pump, cam, 9.5: 1 pistons, exhaust, front rear bars Konis etc. 205/50/13 Fuldas on Ronal V2 rims...my BMW beater lol.

..Nissan Stanza 1991, sport model 5 spd,  nissan 200 sx SER  highly modded that I took to the 2004 Solo II nationals.. 

2005 Mitsubishi EVO 8 MR 6 spd best car ever.. owned from 2006 to 2018.... should have kept that as they are rocketing up in price....

Probably more but cant remember offhand. Nice to be here...

Region_Rat
Region_Rat
9/28/21 9:50 a.m.

My name is Jim.  I have been on here off an on for a while but back again!  Currently have a '12 S197 6 speed and a '21 Hyundai N-line also with 6 speed.  

roadracer
roadracer GRM+ Member
10/12/21 3:14 p.m.

Hi, new member James jumping in.  Been into motorsports and building road/race cars since the 80's, when I built a GTD40 as my daily driver.  I did 60,000miles in 2 years and had a lot of fun driving around many European circuits (I'm English, but have been in US since 1998).  My home circuit was Goodwood and I still miss it.   

Let's see how photos work here..

ok, that worked!  Next was a "project" to go faster than the '40, but after moving countries it went into "long term project mode" and during the 08 recession ended up selling for pennies on the dollar.  Common story I'm sure.  Shame because it had dry dumped 383, air jacks, AP brakes..

Big gap then, until 3 years ago when I bought Factory Five 33 kit and built that as a rough-n-ready daily driver to use at AutoX and circuit use.. probably Harris Hill nr Austin is my most likely venue. 

Now I'm back having a lot of fun again! I'm still very much a novice at autox (3 events), and my circuit experience is all *cough* 30 years ago..  but I'm having fun making the '33 go faster.  Experimenting with new alignments every weekend, stiffer springs, added sway bar, wider wheels/tires coming (this photo is the old 285/35r19 GT500 wheels, the new 355's are coming). Making changes slowly (and yes, one at a time) but will never be finished. 

Looking forward to learning from everyone here..

zendog
zendog
10/16/21 1:00 p.m.

Newbie here.

Been enjoying the forums and articles.  On my bucket list has been a car for fun weekends along with some track days and time with an instructor so I know what I'm doing.  Worst time in history to be purchasing a vehicle, so it might be a minute before committing. But in the meantime, I'll be absorbing GRM for ideas and knowledge. Look forward to chatting with you all. 

Cheers!

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/16/21 6:22 p.m.

In reply to zendog :

I bop into this thread every now and then to see who is new to the hive.  Lots of new exciting folks coming on. 

This is an amazing community, if you haven't experienced it to the fullest yet.  I don't think I would have had HALF as successful a time on my last build without this community.  Cheers and welcome aboard!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/21 7:16 a.m.

In reply to bezjosh99 :

Welcome. Yeah it's a great place but we have some characters to be sure.

UnderDog13
UnderDog13 None
12/1/21 11:30 p.m.

I don't feel new since I've been around reading all the great Miata info for years while I built Dads and I's autocross special 97 while going to college and vet school. 

HipsterAlex
HipsterAlex
12/2/21 2:35 p.m.

Hello. I am new here. I have always been a fan of the magazine, and I'd love to say that I'm here to help contribute. I'm actually here to track down my former mentor that taught me everything I knew for the longest time. I wanted to see if he would be interested in working on a project I have been putting off. I put the word out in the community and they told me who to PM here. Just waiting and lurking to see when I can send messages.

Funny story. I actually met this fellow randomly off the internet, 15ish years ago, after just a few messages an hour before on a rotary engine forum. At the time everyone who knew me thought it was weird and shady, and I ended up becoming a better driver than I thought I would learning from his rallyX. Hopefully I'll learn some extra stuff while I'm lurking.

domari35
domari35 None
12/3/21 4:46 p.m.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum but new to road racing as well. I feel like I've learned enough to be confident going in, but also confident to say I don't really know much. I grew up drag racing and this is a new foray. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can to help guide my build process for my 124 Spider. It currently sits unmolested and runs great, but man is it slow. There are plans in the pipeline, but before I get whole-hog invested, I want to do as much research as possible on proper track day/autocross setups, and the associated problems that come with it, so that I can plan my project more effectively.

Thanks!

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4sv4yL6DZ12GDwROSHGyLcXJNnzJOCDai2HNAmAilnDvEQ4qdHEsEWV9QJ5AaA9N