1 ... 34 35 36 37 38
gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Member
6/12/23 9:02 p.m.

Howdy y'all,

I'm from the Atlanta area and I'm mostly into road racing, currently the Formula 600 class. I'm also building a GSXR-1000 powered Lotus Europa. The need to own broken British sports cars runs in my blood, as my father owns about 3.5 Europas with 1 functional one

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
6/14/23 1:30 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

Welcome! It sounds like you're in the right place. We're looking forward to hearing more about your Europa.

rzthomas
rzthomas New Reader
6/23/23 11:53 a.m.

Hi there — Zach in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

I used to subscribe way back in the early 2000's when I would auto-x a 1990 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II and a 1989 626 GT. Fast forward many years (grad school, jobs, 3X cross country moves, kids, historic home, etc.) and now I'm looking to get back into autocross or building up a track car. 

I'm currently driving a 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero Sportcombi with the 6MT and Bilsteins, tune, etc. It's a fun car, but heavy and not really suited for what I want to do.

SO I'm back to learn and get reacquainted with GRM and the current scene. 

Catmaigne
Catmaigne New Reader
7/3/23 2:26 a.m.

Howdy, I'm Mike from the Philly area.

I have a strange affinity for 90s LT1 cars and everything I own has an optispark, even the daily. I acquired the world's rattiest Firehawk a couple years back and have slowly built it up for autox/HPDE use. Here is me launching it over wheelie hill at NYST:

I also own a 96 Z28 with a procharged 383 and a 95 Roadmaster sedan with a T56 swap (the one on RCR). Glad to be here!

J.A. Ackley
7/6/23 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Catmaigne :

Looks fun. Welcome!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/6/23 12:05 p.m.

In reply to rzthomas :

welcome! tell us more about the Sportcombi!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/6/23 12:16 p.m.

In reply to panjandrum :

Welcome to the best auto dork message board on the internet. Consider becoming a GRM+ member to support the site owners if you find it useful. 

There is never harm in posting under the main grassroots heading but I tend to use "off topic" if I'm unsure. Moderators can move things that are grossly out of place. Just make sure you read the house rules.

A lot of people will start their visit under "latest topics" so it all kinda blends together anyway. 

Mk5jon
Mk5jon GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/11/23 4:12 p.m.

Hey, I'm based in the Uk running a 2008 golf gti, building up to use for timed sprint/hill climbing in the hope of going circuit racing in the future. Progress has been slow but the car is starting to come together now!

I'm pretty interested in some of the stuff that goes on in club and pro level motorsport in the states, lots of differences to here in the uk but very cool. This site has become a bit of a go to for me recently for random questions as its a bit of a gem for not so common knowledge I have found so thought I'd join up!

tim404
tim404 New Reader
7/13/23 7:34 p.m.

Hi all, I've been a subscriber for over a decade but decided to finally start participating in the forum. (In truth the demise of Reddit had something to do with it as well.)

I currently have two non functional project cars: my 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata is in 300 pieces and I've been putting off reassembling the engine since getting all the parts and bits back from the machine shop. I tell myself it's hot and I'm nervous about doing the engine all by myself for the first time, but also I'm a bit lazy and a lot ADD so that's probably a contributing factor.

I'm very excited about my other piece of driveway art, a 1993 MX-3 that has the KL-DE swap already done! Clutch doesn't work though. And it needs a battery. And the driver's side window control switch and board kinda disintegrated so rolling up the windows is a chore. And it makes some terrible noise when running (hoping it's just an idler or accessory or something). Anyway it sounds the business and will be fun. Someday.

Nice to meet you all.

S2kChris
S2kChris New Reader
7/15/23 6:54 p.m.

Hey. I'm Chris. Have a high mileage AP1 S2000 I've owned for 15+ years and a Wrangler Rubicon I use as a DD. Live outside Chicago.  

VeganJoy
VeganJoy New Reader
7/23/23 6:45 p.m.

Hello, just got into autocross this year and heard about this site/magazine from all the SCCA stuff. I've been shopping for a new (to me) car recently and figured my fellow enthusiasts might be able to help with some questions I had. Thanks!

pigfarmer
pigfarmer New Reader
7/25/23 6:52 a.m.

Lurked for a while and joined today (insomnia)

I have a 1969 L-46 'vette convertible I restored. It's very nice - a driver not a show queen. I allow it to be dirty sometimes, like now. Also recently was given a dead 1989 Saab 900S 16 valve 2 door hatchback. it's alive now - THAT took some patience and quite a bit of profanity. Original owner, garage kept, well maintained. A real cream puff that would've been scrapped. It had been sitting maybe 8-9 years in a parking garage. Family member - the feller's 95 and knew I'd fix it, so here it is. It ain't fast but it's smooth as a gravy sandwich and lots of fun.

smashwinger
smashwinger New Reader
8/1/23 12:48 a.m.

Hey all,

My name is Gabo and I am the owner of a '91 NA Miata. I installed a rollbar a month ago and I am excited to start bringing it to the track. I frequently simrace on assetto corsa in my freetime. I am very inexperienced in the motorsports scene and hope to get to know everyone and become accustomed to the motorsports scene. 

Nice to meet you all,

Gabo

LukeGT
LukeGT GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/16/23 10:45 p.m.

Hey All, 

New guy here from Sanford (Orlando area) Florida! Huge enthusiast of all things automotive and Motorsports. Currently own a 2004 Jag XJR daily and a 2013 Mustang GT Track Pack that's my weekend and road course rig (just HPDE stuff really). Hoping to meet some fellow Gearheads on here that appreciate things beyond Cars & Coffee (although I do those too lol). Here's the rides:

LukeGT
LukeGT GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/16/23 10:50 p.m.

Hey All, 

New guy here from Sanford (Orlando area) Florida! Huge enthusiast of all things automotive and Motorsports. Currently own a 2004 Jag XJR dail​y and a 2013 Mustang GT Track Pack that's my weekend and road course rig (just HPDE stuff really). Hoping to meet some fellow Gearheads on here that appreciate things beyond Cars & Coffee (although I do those too lol). 

Loren_SD
Loren_SD
8/28/23 10:28 a.m.

Hello, Loren here, from the San Diego area.  63 y.o. self-employed metal fabricator w/ hoarder tendencies.  

Although I've primarily been a musclecar guy, I enjoyed what I'd call very-late-night Canyon Racing in the L.A. area (Mulholland, Malibu hills, Angeles Crest) when young and had better reflexes.  A chassis that works is a pleasure.  I've periodically visited this site and think it's time to participate more.  Cars, sometimes together but often not:  Corvettes '72 & 84, '67 302 Camaro, '70 & '78 SS El Caminos, '71 Hemi Challenger, '91 Cherokee off-roader, '02 Solara, '94 Dodge truck + a bit of misc. junk.  The new project is a 1968 kit car which I'll detail over time.   

J.A. Ackley
8/29/23 11:15 a.m.

Welcome all newcomers! We're looking forward to hearing more about your projects. :-)

Brody_Cyr
Brody_Cyr New Reader
9/14/23 6:20 p.m.

Hey, I'm Brody, a college student from Grand Junction, CO. I've stumbled across the GRM forum a few times while doing research for my project '95 Subaru Legacy rally cross car and finally decided to join seeing as I'll be building a new motor for it (the original EJ22E finally blew up with 300k on it). From what I've heard, the build I'm going to be doing is a fairly common topic on here, so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about it.

Warren69GMC
Warren69GMC New Reader
9/18/23 11:08 p.m.

Safford AZ  here, let's see what's here...

J.A. Ackley
9/29/23 7:21 a.m.

Welcome! We're looking forward to hearing from you!

dave_has_vtec
dave_has_vtec New Reader
10/4/23 12:45 a.m.

Hi from Vancouver BC- racer relegated to occasional track days. Hopefully not presumptuous to call you my people!

J.A. Ackley
10/4/23 11:09 a.m.

You sound like our people! Welcome.

PlutoE210
PlutoE210 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/4/23 9:04 p.m.

Nice to see people still introducing themselves years later! Id love to add :D 

Im Rachel from the Orlando area. I like to drive my angry gumball quite aggressively when given the opportunity. 99.9% of the events I go to are with CFR and boy is it fun! Im currently pursuing my CAD certifications, so I can continue to financially support this rubber-burning addiction of mine!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/4/23 9:15 p.m.

In reply to PlutoE210 :

You know, I saw a car a lot like that at the last autocross at Daytona....

PlutoE210
PlutoE210 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/4/23 9:19 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

laugh I sure do love that little gokart track! 

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x0ysI7d9LAMJlfGS9TA1hdNcpz3aTC3Oi9IZJEqKvSvNtXZvV0dcgoDY0zPmrQux