1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/27/16 2:26 p.m.

Hi Dale. Glad to have you here!

SnowWolf
SnowWolf New Reader
10/10/16 5:32 p.m.

hey you all. i'm new to this forum. i have an 1987 ford ranger, does not run. a 1975 chevy nova, thinking of making it a rallycross car. and i have a 2001 Audi A4. i hope to get it on the road soon, it'll be replacing my Nova as a DD.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
10/11/16 8:41 a.m.

In reply to SnowWolf:

Hi and Welcome! Ranger, Nova and Audi. Looks like you'll fit in just fine around here.

Rallycrossing an old Nova sounds like a fun time.

SnowWolf
SnowWolf New Reader
10/11/16 9:02 a.m.

thank you BlueInGreen44

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand None
10/18/16 4:44 p.m.

New Member here. I currently live in New Mexico but I spent most of my life in Upstate New York. I've been a long time reader of the magazine and a short time lurker on the Forum. I've been messing with cars and motorcycles in both a professional capacity and as a hobby for over thirty years. I currently road race a '73 Camaro that looks like a poor placing GRM Challenge car but cost a significant more amount of money.

rapid_butterfly
rapid_butterfly None
10/19/16 2:52 p.m.

Been registered awhile, never spent time here rat all. Thought I'd come and actually look around.

I autocross an 04 STi I've had since new and road race an 86 BMW in a Pacific Northwest class called Pro3.

David_in_Golden
David_in_Golden None
10/20/16 10:43 a.m.

Hello all,

Been GRM subscriber for about four years and love the magazine, new to this forum. I have multiple project cars, One with each of my two son's (1996 BMW 328is, & 1966 Mustang) and one for me (1981 BMW 320is).

Ed Higginbotham
10/20/16 11:22 a.m.

Welcome APEowner, rapid_butterfly and David! All your projects sound awesome. Hope you enjoy the atmosphere around here.

whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/1/16 10:54 a.m.

I've been lurking for a bit, started posting a month or so ago. Never introduced myself. Name's Elliot, Mechanical Engineering student in Detroit, bicycle mechanic for 5ish years. Design engineer on my school's Formula SAE team. Current projects include selling my broken Volvo, buying tow rig for FSAE cars, designing brakes system for current competition chassis, and returning older FSAE car to running form.

srduck
srduck New Reader
11/1/16 5:55 p.m.

Just realized I never did this intro thread. I'm Steven Duckworth (everyone calls me Duck)... one of those obnoxious AutoXers and JG's tag team partner for political debates on Facebook. I've been a subscriber to GRM for a long time but just now finally registered for the forum when I got home from the $2016 Challenge. I don't have any current builds because the thought of me with tools is scary. I only know how to mash on pedals and turn steering wheels.... but eventually this old dog might learn a new trick.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys and girls around at events in the future :D

Ed Higginbotham
11/2/16 12:50 p.m.

Welcome Elliot and Duck! Glad to have you both here.

And Elliot, keep your eyes peeled for an update on the $2017 Challenge having something to do with college teams and Mazdas. It should hopefully draw more college teams to the event.

whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/2/16 7:10 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

It isn't those wonderful lunatics from GIT again, is it?

CornerCarver
CornerCarver
11/3/16 9:56 p.m.

I am new here today. I was linked to a thread here on the R63 Merc that had a little issues with keeping it's fluids separated due to a head gasket issue as I was reading the BAT comments on an R63 that was auctioned today. I would have been a bidder on the R63 but I spent all day reading the story on here and when the quote for a new MB engine was $57,000 I was suddenly unsure.

I took out a multi year subscrition to the magazine and signed up afterward.

I do find it a little odd that a new subscriber post has a 24hr waiting period but I am sure there is a good reason that long timer members remember and can chuckle about.

In the garage are 18 motorcycles, the majority of which are V4 Hondas of various vintages and sizes along with my 1999 M3 Dinan Stage III s/c and my wifes' 1997 M3 sedan with an AA supercharger and an E46 6 speed. I instruct advanced motorcycling skills and do several track day weekends annually on bikes.

I hope to not be too much of a noob as I learn more about this forum and am already impressed by the knowledge of those I read in the previously mentioned thread.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/3/16 10:19 p.m.

Hi, CC, and welcome. The 24-hour wait is just a spam-fighting measure--keeps most of the bots out. Thanks for joining, and for subscribing!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/16 4:53 p.m.

In reply to CornerCarver:

We need Pix of the Dinan M3 and even better would be a write up on it compared to the regular M3.

And welcome to the party!!!

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/12/16 12:16 p.m.

I'm Chad. Posted yesterday for the first time on another subject. Been dreaming since I was a kid about getting on a race track. Grew up around muscle cars and stock cars. A buddy of mine who's been doing track days for years helped me get set up. Have a 93' BMW 325is that's pretty much stock but a ton of fun. Just got back from 2 days at VIR, Full and Grand course. Literally threw my back out in the car on track due to stock seat, a lot of sliding around and an ill advised attempt at the wrong time of trying to get back straight in the seat. Something twisted the wrong way and I was out. Had to get off track due to the pain. Ended up laying on the ground in the paddock for about an hour before I could stand up, much less walk. So next project will hopefully be seats, belts and a cage. Ultimate goal would be a dedicated track car with an LS swap for the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, doing this on a po' boy budget which makes Grassroots the right place for inspiration and motivation. Have learned a lot from the magazine and website and looking forward to much more.

Ed Higginbotham
11/14/16 8:33 a.m.

Welcome SHAKESBEARD. Sounds like you're in the right place. And nothing wrong with keeping your track activities under a budget. See our $2017 Challenge.

mccrimmon
mccrimmon New Reader
11/22/16 8:35 p.m.

My official first post. I've read the GRM magazine off and on and recently learned about the forum here. Bought a 2 year GRM subscription and decided to register on the forum.

Little about me. Career technician and motorsports fan of all kinds. Grew up around NASCAR and local short track racing, AutoX, Karting and Motorcycles.

Ran AutoX off and on over the years. Ran a lot of motorcycle track days. Active for 4 seasons and have been to VIR, Summit Point, Road Atlanta, NCCAR and Jennings GP.

Currently in the middle of converting my E36 M3 to LSX with a 6 speed. I'm about 75% complete. Still ride motorcycles. My current bike is a 2013 Apilia Tuono V4R APRC. Wifey drives a 2014 370z Nismo. Needless to say we like all things fast.

When I have time I'll start a thread on my LSX swap. I will also be listing the rest of my S52 parts for sale.

Look forward to seeing what GRM is all about.

Ed Higginbotham
11/23/16 8:14 a.m.

In reply to mccrimmon:

Welcome! Can't wait for the V8 E36 M3 thread. I think you'll like it around here.

mccrimmon
mccrimmon New Reader
11/23/16 3:51 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: Welcome! Can't wait for the V8 E36 M3 thread. I think you'll like it around here.

Thanks. As soon as I can get my pics to load from Shutteryfly correctly then I can share my build.

Posted my S52 in the classifieds last night and couldn't get my pics to link up. Ended up having to share a link to my CL ad.

supchu5150
supchu5150
11/29/16 8:14 p.m.

First post at GRM. I have road raced vintage motorcycles for the last 12 years and started doing track days and autocross with my Mazda this summer. Totally addicted. Along with MX5 track car, I also have a '05 Mustang GT, '76 Triumph TR6, and a '70 Triumph GT6 that is in about 1000 pieces. Great magazine, cool forums!

Ed Higginbotham
12/1/16 9:39 a.m.

Welcome supchu5150! Sounds like a solid fleet. Glad to have you here.

radelky
radelky
12/5/16 6:22 p.m.

Gordo here. Just joined a few days ago. Learning and looking for ideas to make my El Camino better having finally had time and $$ to have some fun. Great community here

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
12/5/16 6:26 p.m.

Yay! Another elky guy!

Japspec
Japspec
12/10/16 12:03 a.m.

Hey, new guy here. I've been lurking around here for awhile and just made an account. Looking forward to learning a lot here! I have a NB Miata that I'm going to supercharge and then maybe do some autocross events with and a couple track days. I also have a Honda Accord which is my daily, but the Miata is much more interesting.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aLtUp93HBIP2Gh3KHvMpfiwzrSjYy4JJvyPxa83B8pYf31Fb5VsFP4u5rJPkKw6m