1 ... 9 10 11
90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury New Reader
11/26/19 10:35 p.m.

97 Accord LX 2.2L 4A - 255,700 miles

Just basic maintenance and wear items. Needs several things but need more time and money to address. Keeping it forever - my first car.

04 Pilot LX 3.5L AWD - 272,000 miles

Basic maintenance and wear items. Due for TB/WP and has misfire but still runs okish.

90 Buick Century 3.3L 4A - 195,800 miles

Basic maintenance and wear items. Need to address rust issues.

90 Buick Century 3.3L 4A - 70,000 miles

All original. Need to get running. May be ECU?

Several other vehicles between 72k and 180k all with minor to major needs but all run and drive.

03Panther
03Panther New Reader
11/27/19 12:33 a.m.

Bought a 87 Dodge Dakota from a friend (in 2002) that had 385K miles on it. I wanted the chassis for a hot rod, and put new brakes on all four corners for my niece to drive till we found her something nice. She only needed it about two weeks; been sitting in the woods ever since. But I bet it would run, if I needed it bad enough!

Bought my wife a 07 Toyota Highlander last year with 147K. Top notch shape. Now only has 167K... and $4500!!! in AC and front end work!!!! Shop money 'cause I was always on a job when it broke. Thought I was doing her good with the Toyota, quite disappointing.

I still have my Grandma's 92 Buick Regal with 67K on odo. But the odo's been stuck there for 10 years!!! I'd estimate about 225K. Half the paint pealed off, some rust colored panels (no cancer at all) some orig. primer, and some black and some grey. Interior got moldy so I took it out (bare metal except dash and drivers seat) Still use it as a "lot jockey" around the property. Have towed 3000 pounds with it - in N AL / TN - and still got 19 mpg.

NoviceClass
NoviceClass New Reader
11/27/19 1:10 a.m.

I think my 2007 GMC 2500HD will turn 300,000 tomorrow, I bought it with 135,000 about 5 years ago.

Rust isn't a big deal around here, so that's not any issue on it. Just had the oil pump replaced , due to the poor GM o-ring design. Had some idler arm, pitman arm,and brakes done back in the Summer. Those couple of items, and a new radiator a couple of years ago are the only real work that has been needed, besides maintenance and wear items.

Tempted to keep driving it until the bitter end, but will probably start shopping seriously for a newer truck in the Spring.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/19 7:53 a.m.
buzzboy said:
cdowd said:

I had a 2005 Acura TL with a 6 speed manual that had 215 wharf I sold it.  It was still on its original clutch. 2 timing belts and a few sets of brakes.

Honda clutches man... Guy I know drove a 2008 Civic. He bought it with 180 and sold it with 325 still on the original clutch.

I inherited a 99 Accord coupe from my in-laws. My FIL would slip the clutch to use it as a hill holder, lived in the mountains of western NC. It was slipping when I got it with 185k, clutch still lasted another 20k.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/27/19 4:53 p.m.

I'm sure I've posted in this one before but my 2012 Mazda 5 has 205ish on it, clutch lasted till 200 miles ago.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/19 7:03 p.m.
Floating Doc said:
buzzboy said:
cdowd said:

I had a 2005 Acura TL with a 6 speed manual that had 215 wharf I sold it.  It was still on its original clutch. 2 timing belts and a few sets of brakes.

Honda clutches man... Guy I know drove a 2008 Civic. He bought it with 180 and sold it with 325 still on the original clutch.

I inherited a 99 Accord coupe from my in-laws. My FIL would slip the clutch to use it as a hill holder, lived in the mountains of western NC. It was slipping when I got it with 185k, clutch still lasted another 20k.

My QSW had 384k on the odometer when I scrapped it, and I pulled the engine and trans mostly so I could see what the inside of the engine looked like, and the condition of the clutch.

Clutch still had a lot of lining left, and the cylinders had visible crosshatch and no ridge that you could feel with your fingertips.

I think VW lined their clutches with granite.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/27/19 7:20 p.m.

My 201k mile  integra GSR on stock clutch 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/27/19 7:37 p.m.

Check out BMX pro Bill Nitschke on Instagram. As of his latest post, his 2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali 6.0L is at 446,644 miles. 

We were talking at an Orlando event earlier this year.

Me: "See you next weekend in Daytona?"

Him: "Yup."

Me: "Cool. What are you doing for the week in Florida?"

Him: "Oh, driving back home to Indiana for the week. See you in Daytona in a few days."

TheRyGuy
TheRyGuy New Reader
11/27/19 8:56 p.m.

Current Vehicles:

1993 Mercedes 400E with 241,000. Friend gave it to me for free last year because the transmission was going out. I rebuilt the tranny over the winter (among other things that were wrong with it!). Drove it all summer until i got a bad clunk in the rear that I noticed after doing my first autocross (lot's of fun, even in this heavy sled!) Just finished rebuilding the rear suspension yesterday. Absolutely love that car, especially the V8 noises!

1993 Dodge Dakota 4x4, 3.9 V6 with 250,000. I've had this thing for 11 years, bought it when I lived in Seattle (it had 188K on it then). Flat towed my 1981 300D Benz back to Ohio with it. Rusty but trusty, though I blew a rear brake line on it on the way home tonight. Good thing I got the 400E running yesterday!

Previous vehicles:

2001 Honda Accord V6, 340,000. Rust hole in fuel tank caused me to send it to the scrapper. You have to drop the rear subframe to change the tank, and due to rust on the rest of the car, was not worth it to fix. Engine and transmission ran great, so I was sad to see it go.

1991 Honda Accord 360,000. Bought it wrecked for $1200 (in 2002) with 126,000 miles. A new hood, headlights, grill and grill support, and I was in business. Moved to Colorado with it, towing a stuffed 5x10 U-haul. Towed in 3rd gear (it was an automatic) so as not to burn up the overdrive. 70 mph was around 4K rpm's (Just under 200k miles at that point.)  Drove it across the states many times. Moved to Seattle with it. Moved back to Ohio with it from Seattle, (towing a Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer that time, 4th gear was used... Had about 290K at that point).  Ended up having that car for a total of 13 years. Rust and entropy eventually took their toll and there were too many issues to make it worthwhile to fix. The engine and transmission had never been apart, though the engine was pretty tired by this point. Sold it at 360K for $500 to a guy who just needed a beater with a heater to get him by for a while.

chief8one
chief8one Reader
11/28/19 5:42 a.m.

Just had to off my 98 accord 2.3L auto with 267,000 miles.  I just traded it for some roof work and other odd jobs needed around my house.  I bought it off of an old roommate who roached the original trans by running it without fluid.  I drove it few years after replacing the transmission.  Some point in time it did not want to go into revese anymore and all the lines were rusting out. I was done. 

I replaced it with a 03 coupe accord v6 auto which now has 240k.  It runs fine Ohio rust is getting to it though and will probably have to off it after winter.  I hate rust. 

midniteson
midniteson Reader
11/29/19 11:10 p.m.

Glad to see this thread resurrected yet again! 

I have bought another high mileage car.

This one is a bit more fun

I picked up a 2001 Ram AirTrans Am that has 201,000 miles on it. 

Got it for less than challenge money. 

Needs a new rear quarter panel (was T-boned behind the rear tire by a Prius)

Also did not run turned out to be VATS wire in the column.

Runs Great now.

It will be a track day car. time to retire my 1991 V8 Manual Firebird with 150,000 on the clock.

Pic of its good side with my buddies low mileage mustang.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WDnsZ73bxXJTxYix3WT3x2zpgIguLo7vyVCCxqzD5fFpqZPkNRkciIWuVq8jD3vH