bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/28/13 10:07 a.m.

Last year I picked up a transmission for someone on the forum to store until he could come pick it up. I can't remember for sure, but I think it's a T-56. I still have it and haven't heard from the owner. If you are the owner, please PM me. Thanks!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
4/28/13 11:16 a.m.

I'm pretty sure that was mine. Yeah, that's the ticket, I...uhhh...got you to keep it for me. Yeah, that's it, you were going to keep it then prepay the shipping to Saskatoon because I'm such a nice guy.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
4/28/13 4:54 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: I'm pretty sure that was mine. Yeah, that's the ticket, I...uhhh...got you to keep it for me. Yeah, that's it, you were going to keep it then prepay the shipping to Saskatoon because I'm such a nice guy.

Should we bow to the Nigerian prince? Lol

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/13 9:22 p.m.

If that happens to be from an S10, I know someone who's in the market for one...

Stag_Driver
Stag_Driver New Reader
4/28/13 9:31 p.m.

Hmmm, I knew I had one out there but forgot who got it for me. Just check it for my secret mark to verify if it is mine. Stag Driver

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/28/13 9:37 p.m.

throw it in the trunk of the chevelle

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/29/13 7:14 a.m.

You guys are so funny. Again, if you are the real owner, please PM me.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/29/13 7:35 a.m.

How do you forget about a T56?

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/29/13 8:23 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I don't know. And maybe he didn't forget about it, but is just not in a hurry to get it. It also may not be a T-56. I can't remember what it is, but it's either that or a T-45 (?). I'm not that familiar with it, whatever it is. I guess I should take a picture and post it so someone can identify it. I think he bought it on Ebay and asked over the forum if someone in my area could pick it up for him and store it until he could come get it. I have room for it, so that's not a problem, but it's been probably 8-10 months and I've heard nothing from him. I also lost his contact info, so I end up with this trans and I have no idea who's it is.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
4/29/13 5:32 p.m.

Probably a T-10.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/29/13 5:36 p.m.

In reply to iceracer:

Or maybe a powerglide?

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
4/29/13 9:05 p.m.

Hey Jim - that's my T-45, unless you've picked up some other transmissions for folks in the last couple months. I'll shoot you another PM with my contact info so you have it. If you need to move it out of your way soon just let me know, I've got some family in the area who could probably come pick it up. If not, I'll be heading up that way in a month or two and can grab it then.

Thanks!

Jared

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
4/29/13 9:12 p.m.

BTW, if anyone is going through Akron, Oh to Watkins Glen (at any time) or is heading from Akron to VIR for the Ultimate Track Car Challenge, and wants to schlep this around for me, shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to exchange the favor down the road.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
4/29/13 9:15 p.m.

Jim, if you don't get my email, let me know. I just used the last email address I had from when we talked previous.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
4/30/13 7:13 a.m.

I got it and we're good.

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
4/30/13 7:49 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: How do you for get about a T56?

well? I forgot about a motorcycle for at least 12 years so I can empathize

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/30/13 9:15 a.m.
warpedredneck wrote:
dean1484 wrote: How do you for get about a T56?
well? I forgot about a motorcycle for at least 12 years so I can empathize

I bought a beat up 928 that sat at a body shop for three or four years before I finally picked it up. The owner of the body shop died while it was there, and no one else there knew who's car it was, but we eventually got it figured out and I picked it up. Had he not died it would probably still be sitting there.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
4/30/13 10:19 a.m.
warpedredneck wrote: well? I forgot about a motorcycle for at least 12 years so I can empathize

I have dreams like this all the time... like I'll be walking around a block and then see an old truck parked at the curb that I forgot I parked there years before. Sometimes the keys are still in it...

...or I go back to somewhere I've been before (college dorms, etc.), and find an old project car in a parking lot that I forgot I left there.

Too bad it never happens when I'm awake.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yx3IQkgdcVYWVloDcXjHYsLoZRPODEpBB4a7ZvsAzPZtWGGjE5BOl65tggHwmZtB