bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/23/08 11:52 a.m.

Seriously, there is like one new Honda Fit in Michigan equipped with a MT. Either the dealers don't order any MT cars, or people are buying those and not the autos. Sucks.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/08 11:54 a.m.

Funny most VW, Audi and Subaru on the lot today are manuals ;) must mean real men drive them!!!

GlennS
GlennS Reader
5/23/08 12:16 p.m.

My friend found a manual here in san diego without any problem.

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
5/23/08 3:47 p.m.

I've heard they're having clutch problems from the factory. I don't know if that's true or not, nor if it's hurting sales of the MT versions.

integraguy
integraguy New Reader
5/23/08 4:06 p.m.

I've posted this, or similar questions several times already. What is up Honda? In my area (Memphis, Tn.) the only manual transmissioned Fits are the low line/stripper model....apparently so that a very low(ish?) price can be claimed by dealers. There are no new or used manual transmissioned Sport models in this area. BTW, I just spent a few weeks in NE Pa. and the nearest Honda dealer there had a Fit Sport with a manual listed in their inventory, but it must have been "incoming" as it was the only vehicle listed without a color.

I'm really sort of kicking myself that i didn't go test-drive the Mazda 5 with a manual tranny that the dealers in that area have/had. Honda, you may lose me to Mazda or Suzuki.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/23/08 4:34 p.m.

Since they came out, ther has always been a long wait (up to 3 months) for 5-speed Fits.

I think they're just going w/ the overall demand for automatics. You;d probably have to order one and wait.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/24/08 9:25 a.m.

Well, I'm on the waiting list for a Smart, might as well put myself on an MT Fit waiting list too.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
5/24/08 5:03 p.m.

damn, all the fits I work on are manual. The ones are the lot are half/half. I want to buy one, but the dealership I work at wants to rape me on the price...employee pricing=consumer price + 25% lol

DFuzz
DFuzz None
5/25/08 6:08 p.m.

A friend of mine owns a Honda dealership and he said there is only about $1000 mark-up from invoice on the Fits, so not a lot of wiggle room for the dealer. I have driven a MT version and I thought it was quite good. I thought the gearbox shifted quite nicely, certainly better than the econo-boxes of yester-year.

I have been looking for a more economical replacement for my Dodge Magnum when the lease expires in a few months. The Fit was high up on my list, along with the Yaris and the Prius. However, I think my situation has been solved as I have "inherited" a low-mileage '01 Golf TDi from my in-laws. Does that mean I have to be nice to my mother-in-law now?:whatthe:

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
5/25/08 7:40 p.m.

yea i know the markup isn't that much, but it's like they want to add to my price since I'm an employee. I want juan so bad tho.

DFuzz
DFuzz New Reader
5/25/08 8:50 p.m.

I've heard of Honda dealers selling above MSRP due to the recent spike in demand for Fits. For 2008 models in Canada the federal government is offering an EcoRebate of $1000 for the Fit. Combine the price of gas and the fact that the program is getting pulled for 2009+ models, and people are lining up to get these cars. A guy I work with bought a Fit LX the other day to drive to work in place of his V10 Ford F350. The cost of the payment, gas and insurance is less than what he was paying for gas for his V10.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DtdbCD4IHqp4I8LHAGK2gdRe7dqtYEb7WaiVidzpEtE3URuWIF2Q9t3BVm3zbIxv