1 2 3 4
pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
2/14/17 7:54 a.m.

I must have bought the crappiest $1500 LS 400 in existence. In the 3 weeks that I drove it the hard brake lines failed, the gauge lighting failed, a ball joint broke while driving, the serpentine belt failed, cooling fan mount went bad and the final issue was the timing belt Braeking. It drove nice when it was operating. Once I reached $2,000 in repairs I threw in the towel and I took it to the crusher as I could not find a buyer for it. It was obviously never maintained properly.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/14/17 9:00 a.m.
pilotbraden wrote: I must have bought the crappiest $1500 LS 400 in existence. In the 3 weeks that I drove it the hard brake lines failed, the gauge lighting failed, a ball joint broke while driving, the serpentine belt failed, cooling fan mount went bad and the final issue was the timing belt Braeking. It drove nice when it was operating. Once I reached $2,000 in repairs I threw in the towel and I took it to the crusher as I could not find a buyer for it. It was obviously never maintained at all.

FTFY.

I am not a Toyota Fanboi but any Honda/Toyota/Nissan product built in the last 20 years, with few exceptions (and the UZ engine family and the LS isn't one of them,) do hold up pretty well.

My point of this thread wasn't questioning the cars reliability, but the lack of P71 type enthusiasm.

Sorry for your luck on the LS.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/14/17 9:02 a.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

Was probably a wonderful deal for the seller. Zero on maintenance expenses and still sell for $1,500.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
2/15/17 10:42 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

I have a better maintained one if you wanted to buy it, lol.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
2/16/17 12:13 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ZUJ9hrv-z4?ecver=2

They also sound beastly when uncorked.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/16/17 12:30 a.m.
NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/16/17 8:15 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote:
Flight Service wrote: The SC430 seems like the designers got drunk watching anime and had deadline the next morning and just cleaned it up a bit.

Some of my best ideas have come from watching anime while drunk

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/16/17 11:10 a.m.
NickD wrote:
Strike_Zero wrote:
Flight Service wrote: The SC430 seems like the designers got drunk watching anime and had deadline the next morning and just cleaned it up a bit.
Some of my best ideas have come from watching anime while drunk

Not me and my wife still gives me E36 M3 over that club when I was in Japan.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
2/16/17 1:23 p.m.

If anyone needs brake parts I have pads and one rear caliper for a 1994, I also have the fan mount and a serpentine belt, all are new.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
2/16/17 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Exactly what kind of "club" in Japan did you go to, FS?

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
2/16/17 1:50 p.m.

Bukake! Lol. Had to say it.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
2/16/17 2:06 p.m.

Haters eat crow

Oh, what's this I found?? Haters eat crow.

Groats
Groats New Reader
2/20/17 1:59 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Rally Lexus or go home.

That car was for sale here a few months ago. I test drove it and it was super clapped out. The owner bought it for his girlfriend, who ended up leaving him, and then it was kind of driven to the ground. I was going to make him an offer but he wasn't willing to budge on the price. Kind of feel like I got lucky on that. You could tell that whoever built the car really enjoyed it though.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
2/20/17 2:31 p.m.

Any time a car makes any sort of web publicity it suddenly jumps in price.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/23/17 11:36 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: In reply to Flight Service: Exactly what kind of "club" in Japan did you go to, FS?

nope

I do enough stuff on here to skirt the ban hammer, I know that conversation wouldn't end with me being here.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7ChaZH4wmUinExtZx46b7WfYsHYyngrYAgIfzw5AcV16uIQtUgySeGAwhw2PWZYZ