1 2 3
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/17 7:18 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500:

That's really interesting, thanks for the real world anecdote. A friend and I were joking a long while back about packing a bazillion gauges in a Lemons car just for the intimidation factor, and one of the ideas was a coolant pressure gauge, and we realized it could actually be useful.

Auto-Union had aluminum frames pressurized with nitrogen, and they plumbed a gauge in the frame so that the driver could see if the frame cracked during a race.

Bill Strong
Bill Strong New Reader
4/9/17 8:01 a.m.

I was upset that I did not get to talk to you guys. I was busy getting all the cameras setup for the live ChumpCast Live! Show. The car looked awesome though when I was up in the tower. Hopefully we can see you guys at Sebring.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
4/9/17 11:08 a.m.

I started using a water pressure gauge a few years ago when I watched someone else's radiator hose come off and they didn't realize it until it was too late. It is very helpful in catching problems before they become a crisis.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/17 7:57 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
iceracer wrote: In reply to Shaun: Completely off topic. There other hate Nascar pages.
I think he was trying to point out how NASCAR is no longer useful in the development of the modern automobile being so far behind the times and rule restrictive away from what is being built as opposed to other forms of motorsports that develop tech we use in the cars we buy. With a sarcastic comment toward NASCAR's dwindling fan base. Or he could just be knocking NASCAR, what do I know? I am just post-whoring on this one.

Having been at both the Daytona 24 and the Daytona 500 this year - those seats aren't there to make the NASCAR crowd look bigger It's everyone else...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L4iVWh3d4VBe3DsfkuI77smDFpUHBpMzFxu8wE6xoYSuyzSM2YyO2RFSpdoiP6YO