David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/8/22 3:40 p.m.
feature_image

Why do we make the hour-long trip for the monthly Orlando Roadsters meets? Because they’re fun. It’s a chance to socialize with old friends and new while seeing how our local Miata scene is doing.

And Central Florida’s Miata scene seems vibrant: lots of cars, lots of fans, lots of new ideas. It’s also a chance to see some older …

Read the rest of the story

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/8/22 9:09 p.m.

Dallas used to have a Miata meet up at Keller's drive in.  It's a pretty cool spot, and it was always a fun event.  I haven't checked in years, and don't know if it is still going on.  The FL one looks nice with a variety of Miatas.  That's one of the cool things about a Miata, there are so many ways to make it your own thanks to a vibrant aftermarket. 

David S. Wallens
3/9/22 11:29 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I'd agree, they're all different–different takes, different influences, different parts used. Each owner seems to have their own vision of the perfect Miata. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/9/22 2:31 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

That's true. How many other cars made can be built so many different ways?

My first thought is something from Honda, but besides S2000, I don't know how many have built into drift into drift cars.

David S. Wallens
3/9/22 5:41 p.m.

I think you can find a similar mix among other popular enthusiast cars–Porsche, BMW, Corvette, etc.–but I do like the vibe of these Miata events. It's a younger crowd, too, so definitely new takes on an old favorite. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/22 6:48 a.m.

The Mini crowd comes to mind as a similar group. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4gcv6uyJFmmCkIpOJah9nBk5844gNMKUAUmrP7XmStFhhKTX0etepl0BEwqrNWgU