1 2 3
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/29/22 11:03 a.m.
johndej said:

Don't really care the topic or what side you're on but Steve McQueen in that green Mustang always deserves a repost.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/29/22 11:33 a.m.
akylekoz said:
11GTCS said:

In reply to johndej :

Well there’s your problem!  Thanks for the link, not saying it’s applicable to this particular case but I can tell you some local parents here (classmates of our kids) thought it was a great idea to buy 17-18 year olds brand new Mustang GTs as new drivers in high school.  At least two that I know of.  My kids thought it was a bad idea so not sure what the alleged adults thoughts were.  More money than common sense I guess. 

My son recently told me his classmate has a $60k budget for his first car.   I hope he chooses something slow.

I can't imagine how much money I would have to make to buy a kid a car that expensive. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/29/22 11:35 a.m.
johndej said:

They all think they look like this guy (who's actually backing up in the scene).

If he's going in reverse, wouldn't the smoke be going the other direction?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/29/22 11:41 a.m.

Since you guys are talking about Steve McQueen........

johndej
johndej Dork
1/29/22 11:48 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

​​​​​

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/29/22 12:09 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Looks like they ran the film back in reverse. Go out in your car and drop the clutch in reverse and see which way the smoke goes. 

johndej
johndej Dork
1/29/22 12:29 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Since we're all about some gratuitous McQueen mustang action, here's the actual scene. Clips at the 1 minute mark.

A lot of folks falsely post this one which is actually reversed

MrFancypants
MrFancypants HalfDork
1/30/22 10:58 a.m.

I've probably watched hours of these videos and 99% of these incidents could have been avoided if the dummy behind the wheel had straightened the car before dropping their foot.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9diMsk73yuErSb1QrKrtWrClPANr7kuzjeT0ssv1quZxDgPa1lKHVttbwy5WtUmP