1 2
SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
10/18/08 12:14 a.m.

I have owned 2 3rd gen celicas and 1 supra and the Supra is the one to have imho. The 22R motor is a lazy truck motor no matter how you slice it, it will take a lot of work to get anywhere near the power of the Supra motor. And there's really only one company building the parts you need to do it and they are very expensive. The supra just has more options, the turbo manifold from the 3rd gen supra bolts onto the 2nd gen motor or easily swap in the whole turbo motor from a 3rd or 4th gen supra if you want. The Supra looks better, has better aftermarket support and more of a following. I don't understand why that 83 weighed so much, it should come in right around 3000 lbs.

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
10/18/08 3:44 a.m.

who says you have to put a toyota motor in it

PHeller
PHeller Reader
10/18/08 8:47 a.m.

Lest we forget: Group B Rally

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
10/18/08 11:48 a.m.
SupraWes wrote: I have owned 2 3rd gen celicas and 1 supra and the Supra is the one to have imho. The 22R motor is a lazy truck motor no matter how you slice it, it will take a lot of work to get anywhere near the power of the Supra motor. And there's really only one company building the parts you need to do it and they are very expensive. The supra just has more options, the turbo manifold from the 3rd gen supra bolts onto the 2nd gen motor or easily swap in the whole turbo motor from a 3rd or 4th gen supra if you want. The Supra looks better, has better aftermarket support and more of a following. I don't understand why that 83 weighed so much, it should come in right around 3000 lbs.

Must be why I keep the slips - I was off a little..you have it pretty close

with driver, helmet - but no back seat or rear seat "trim"

LF 897, RF 842, LR 697, RR 647

car only - no rear stuff either...

LF 838, RF 828, LR 650, RR 619

TheBen
TheBen New Reader
10/19/08 12:13 a.m.
ae86andkp61 wrote: I guess rather than seeing it as a Hilux drivetrain with AE86 suspension and a lightweight chassis, I see it as an AE86 saddled with hundreds of extra pounds and without the sporty engine.

Ding ding ding.

If you want a funky Toyota with an AE86-ish suspension and even less weight, I recommend one of these.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3077484

I had a second gen Celica and an 80 Corolla. The Rolla was faster in a straight line and handled infinitely better. Stripped out, we had it to 1400 lbs. That said, the 3TC is less tuner friendly than the 22R.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5LBvnauhp3yaeUvOxWY57h4XqJQk7fxIa0rUn3KQPVmI8AQrAOGFgUAbYRK9lGnk