1 ... 3 4 5 6
759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
1/11/20 7:13 p.m.

Rockin' a big Caddy in the New Year...........love it!!!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/20 10:56 p.m.

Took the boat to work today. It's got a little scuff scuff noise from one front wheel along with some light brake pulsing. I'm going to pull off one brake drum and check it - I came across this while assembling but didn't take it too seriously. There's also still a bit of shake from the tires like they're still out of round. I'm not sure what to do about that other than just drive more and wait for warm weather. Otherwise, the car cruises nice and quietly at 45 mph with the engine burbling away quietly in the background. If this is what the car feels like after more than 50 years, it must have been really sweet when new!

More importantly, I needed tunes. I haven't worked on the AM/FM radio yet and the antenna doesn't go up, so I needed something to listen to on the half hour drive to work. I grabbed the bluetooth speaker from Janel's sewing room, it seemed appropriate.

I also did a little "rust repair" on the front bumper to hold me over until I get the enthusiasm to change it out.  That's a lot of physical work, it's a serious piece of steel. I'll probably do the rear first as I discovered one of the 4 taillight bulbs is out so one of the tailfins is only half lit. 

This is obviously temporary, but it looks better than a gaping hole.

The car turned over 90,000 on the way home. Happy birthday Cadillac!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/22/20 3:36 p.m.
ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/20 6:46 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Did you see this, Keith?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-cadillac-calais/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_watched_listing_ending_soon

I was taking a long look at that.  I think I want a four door though.  

Keith Tanner
1/22/20 6:54 p.m.

I did see that. I'm very happy to see that it went for $12,500, because I would have felt bad if it had sold at the $6k where I first saw it. That's far more than I paid for my car so everybody's happy. Great looking car, though.

It was really interesting to see the interior differences in the Calais spec instead of DeVille. All of mine have been the latter. There's a lot more difference than I expected.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/22/20 7:35 p.m.

Wow that black coupe is eye catching. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/22/20 9:00 p.m.
dculberson said:

Wow that black coupe is eye catching. 

I would like to stop adding cars to the want list now, please. Please? That should be totally outside my scope. I have no idea what's happening.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/20 9:05 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Good lord, that is gorgeous 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/23/20 11:42 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Yeah was stunning! I was in it till about 10k.

Keith Tanner
2/14/20 5:06 p.m.

Mom's in town visiting from Ottawa and it's a gorgeous, gorgeous day with full sunshine and about 50F. So I took off from work and we went wandering around in the Caddy. It was the perfect car for it, with loads of visibility, easy in and out for sightseeing stops and a comfy cruise. A couple of Russian women took their picture with it with much posing.

All days should be this good.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/14/20 5:31 p.m.

This has turned into the "What MG?" thread.

Keith Tanner
2/14/20 6:46 p.m.

MG is waiting for Janel to help me re-stick the engine. Maybe this weekend once Mom is gone...

But you're not completely wrong. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
2/14/20 6:54 p.m.

"A couple of Russian women took their picture with it with much posing." Where's your picture of them posing with it.....the caddy?

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
2/14/20 7:36 p.m.

RE:  Drum brakes.  You're missing one incredibly important drum brake diagnostic tool........a 64-year-old guy.  I'm packing as we speak.  Where in Colorado did you say you lived?

Keith Tanner
2/15/20 8:09 a.m.
759NRNG said:

"A couple of Russian women took their picture with it with much posing." Where's your picture of them posing with it.....the caddy?

I'm not sure you need to see that. I specifically did not specify Russian "girls". This was not Instagram...

Keith Tanner
4/9/20 9:41 a.m.

Just because we like to see cool cars doing stuff these days, here is a very low information update that is just an excuse to post a picture.

We decided to treat ourselves to some takeout at our favorite local foodie spot. So we took the Cadillac to go pick it up. The old girl treated us well and the food was delicious. 

That is all.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
4/9/20 10:05 a.m.

Nice shot. The CRX looks like it is stalking the Caddy.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/9/20 10:29 a.m.

Wait, what's the story on the CRX?  Looks like an '84?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/20 11:01 a.m.

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

Compact spare.

Keith Tanner
4/9/20 11:31 a.m.

(rimshot)

The CRX is a 1985 - the first year of the Si. Fun little buggy. Once I'm done building this deck and finishing up the MG (seriously, progress IS being made), I'll probably have an update for it.
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/life-with-a-1985-crx-si/89950/page1/ 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/25/20 6:18 p.m.

OK ....so it's mid June mid pandemic and you have some other thread here(builds) that currently has your undivided attention.....what's UP with the CAD and the B........lately?

Keith Tanner
6/25/20 6:49 p.m.

The Cadillac gets to go out occasionally to run errands or pick up food or something. Nothing too dramatic. I don't think the AC works although it does make a noise as if it's trying, so that's something I need someone else to work on for me because I don't have any AC tools or knowledge.

The B is together and running and cleaner than it's been in a decade. I guess I should update that thread.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/25/20 8:25 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The Cadillac gets to go out occasionally to run errands or pick up food or something. Nothing too dramatic. I don't think the AC works although it does make a noise as if it's trying, so that's something I need someone else to work on for me because I don't have any AC tools or knowledge.

The B is together and running and cleaner than it's been in a decade. I guess I should update that thread.

uh ya think???? (being a 'B' owner and NoHome too) would ya please .....I know I'm jonesing bad ..can't speak for NoHome thou........thanks......hmmm no ac tools or knowledge....I seem to recall an individual not too far from me Seth , who purchased an 'answer' of some pedigree  from you who just happens to have some A/C 'smarts'.........possibly another visit Grand J on his behalf for....????

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
6/25/20 9:58 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Y’all need to have a conversation with the young man in the Mercedes 300TD wagon thread.  He seems to know things about making flammable gasses work in place of R12.   Love this thread, that car, those views!!!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/25/20 10:42 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

What he said.^

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3TfBIwu4ARZ3qLvEyMApI76kY40oFzLhZwnsRNYyIavF98hZUTDNJD0GDWT1YNJe