JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/26/21 1:26 p.m.

[Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the May/June 1997 issue of Grassroots Motorsports.]

Before we had X-ray machines, doctors would merely amputate broken or infected body parts or cover the patient’s body with hungry leeches in order to suck out the bad spirits. Before we had automated production, children would work long hours making clothing in factories littered with …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/26/21 1:40 p.m.

I'm getting a kick out of the last paragraph of "The Future" section.

Certainly less impossible nowadays, but not quite what current systems are capable of...yet.

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
2/26/21 3:21 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

I got a kick out of "only cost as much as 2 sets of tires".......................because I only buy one set a year for the car. So basically JG wants me to give up 2 years worth of tires. LOL

Admittedly I've not used Data Acquisition much but what I have used is well worth it. It may not lead to faster lap times for some people but it will make you turn your fastest laps consistently......that's worth a lot. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/27/21 9:36 a.m.

I like this as part of a drivers school to explain the deltas to drivers.  I would absolutely pony up wit local club members to buy one for club practice days.

TurboTodd
TurboTodd New Reader
2/28/21 6:49 p.m.

1997? 

If you are cheap, try TrackAddict by HPTuners.  It's free and connects to your cell for GPS and mapping.  Bluetooth to your OBD2. Is it perfect, no.  But it's a damn good start.  Buy racerender for $70 to through them some money, and you csn make videos too.  $160for a 10hz GPS receiver to go with it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cBx3JGdfThypsRawbUcAXBY0AmqxvpFBJnG5RI9suCuDtHd7eJlc6ntwX4ues0gf