1 ... 3 4 5 6
Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/6/11 4:20 p.m.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
9/6/11 4:26 p.m.

I bought a recliner earlier this yr... managed to get it in the Impreza ... would never have even tried with a Magnum.... a truck would have been lots easier... but I don't need a truck often enough to get rid of the Suby

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/6/11 5:29 p.m.

as taken from "got new turbobrick" The one wagon that would be great as an UTE

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
9/6/11 5:46 p.m.

For those that don't have the room for a fold-up trailer; what the heck would you haul that you have room for? Granted, the Magnum is lower than most wagons. As far as a ute-alternative, how about a minivan?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/6/11 6:05 p.m.

I have a rental garage at my apartment (2 car) one spot will be filled with my project Spitfire and the other my hauling vehicle plus a dirt bike. I am not driving a minivan either no way no how and I don't know about autocrossing one.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
9/6/11 6:20 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I have a rental garage at my apartment (2 car) one spot will be filled with my project Spitfire and the other my hauling vehicle plus a dirt bike. I am not driving a minivan either no way no how and I don't know about autocrossing one.

you won't drive a minivan but you'll be seen in one of those nasty things? Seriously, I don't like minivans anymore than the next guy, but those things are truly terrible lookin.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
9/6/11 6:44 p.m.

How does a minivan fit into the performance aspect of this? As for the looks well my wife and DrB are just wrong.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
9/6/11 6:56 p.m.

I'm just going to keep telling myself that this is just a huge, early April Fool's joke on me. It's the only thing that makes sense.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/11 7:00 p.m.

mad_machine
9/6/11 7:09 p.m.
curtis73 wrote:

Just remove the trunklid

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/6/11 10:23 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: I'm just going to keep telling myself that this is just a huge, early April Fool's joke on me. It's the only thing that makes sense.

No April Fools joke from me.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/11 11:10 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
DrBoost wrote: I'm just going to keep telling myself that this is just a huge, early April Fool's joke on me. It's the only thing that makes sense.
No April Fools joke from me.

Last I checked I think its September. I could be wrong....

But... DrBoost, you've now given me some ideas for April 1st

mtn
mtn SuperDork
9/6/11 11:13 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: I have a rental garage at my apartment (2 car) one spot will be filled with my project Spitfire and the other my hauling vehicle plus a dirt bike. I am not driving a minivan either no way no how and I don't know about autocrossing one.
you won't drive a minivan but you'll be seen in one of those nasty things? Seriously, I don't like minivans anymore than the next guy, but those things are truly terrible lookin.

I personally think that they are about the third most attractive shapes in car-dom. First two are coupe and hatch/wagon/shooting brake (yeah, I'm lumping a bunch into one).

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/7/11 12:11 a.m.

I'd still wanna keep at minimum a 1/2 ton 4X4 for ground clearance in winter snow (it's a Pa. snow thing), hauling and towing but I'd sure entertain a sporty ute as a DD over my present sedan. I'm not much of a people mover anymore but I do move a lotta stuff and pushing around a V8 4X4 doesn't always make sense.

A RWD ute sized between a VW Caddy and that Camaro sized conversion w/ a turbo or SC four or six w/ manual and sport suspension would work for me. Agreed, it's another niche vehicle.. but there are still a lotta niches that need filled... and being they are already produced overseas ....

Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/7/11 8:18 a.m.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
9/7/11 10:38 a.m.
Taiden wrote: This one is pretty funny

Been done, almost:

Man, you don't see those around like ever anymore.

mad_machine
9/7/11 10:40 a.m.

and the people who own them... DON'T sell them. They love them

Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/7/11 11:11 a.m.

The baja turbos were pretty cool. So hard to find

miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/7/11 11:34 a.m.

I don't get the coupe-ute things. They are ugly and they can't tow. I choose a coupe and a truck instead. Those things are like All-Season tires, they don't do anything good.

Grizz
Grizz Reader
9/7/11 12:32 p.m.
miatame wrote: I don't get the coupe-ute things. They are ugly and they can't tow. I choose a coupe and a truck instead. Those things are like All-Season tires, they don't do anything good.

It's been explained earlier that you are wrong. Here's a refresher course:

Tada!

failboat
failboat HalfDork
9/7/11 12:54 p.m.

Ill take one of these instead

Taiden
Taiden Dork
9/7/11 1:23 p.m.

Maybe if I give the legacy some mean looking wheels, a more sculpted back, and some drop it will look better.

I still think the BMW offerings for old wagons is pro.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/7/11 3:51 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Is that stock? Anything can be made to handle. I'm talking stock vehicles. And honestly, even if they handled like a Lotus, I'd pass. They are soo fugly it's hard to look at them.

Yes it is stock.

Fugly is in the eye of the beholder

and for Failbot the Sandman was available in a ute and panel van

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/7/11 3:57 p.m.
miatame wrote: I don't get the coupe-ute things. They are ugly and they can't tow. I choose a coupe and a truck instead. Those things are like All-Season tires, they don't do anything good.

not a coupe/ute, it is a utility or in Aussie speak a "Ute".

You say ugly I say awesome, that's just opinion.

They are an effective truck and two seat car.

They do everything well enough for millions of units to be sold in many countries including this one (see El Camino and Ranchero). Remember not every country has Dodge Rams as daily drivers when gas is $10 a gallon.

mad_machine
9/7/11 4:05 p.m.

A typical american approach to towing. All over the rest of the world they use cars, utes, and wagons to tow stuff.. only here in the US do we need an F250 with a diesel to tow a small trailer

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
onm6WJiqLk2oMJ6eARy1e2GaAAZIdBr7zm0p8a49h46dPVo7fHeur1xw5rsebAcg