Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/26/16 11:24 a.m.
feature_image

Our friends at Lemons of Love are giving away a full Mazda MX-5 Cup car built by Long Road Racing. If you aren't familiar with the Lemons of Love organization, it's a great non-profit foundation that delivers care packages to those fighting cancer. They are also very involved in our motorsports world and are now raffling off a full Mazda …

Read the rest of the story

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/26/16 11:38 a.m.

Jill really is an amazing person. Her reaction to learning that she had stage IV colon cancer? "what can I do to help others". This was when she started Lemons Of Love, and it's a fantastic charity that really does bring a little joy into the lives of those undergoing cancer treatment. If you'd like to learn a little more about this great cause--- read this:

http://lemonsoflove.org/home.html

and heck---- who doesn't want to win a fully-prepped MX-5 Cup car for only $100? You could race wheel to wheel, or just use it as the world's best (and safest) track-day car! Sounds like a winner to me!

Toebra
Toebra Reader
9/26/16 11:56 a.m.

Hey, since I am the first one to donate, do I get a cookie or something?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/26/16 11:58 a.m.

Is it challenge eligible if I won? Starting budget of 100....

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/16 1:00 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Is it challenge eligible if I won? Starting budget of 100....

It absolutely should be!

Joe Gearin
9/26/16 2:05 p.m.

Although FMV for the MX-5 Cup car would be WAY over challenge budget---- I'm sure you could bring it to the challenge and run in the exhibition class. It would be cool to see it out there!

By the way--- Sarah Montgomery has been running under the Lemons of Love banner. Her story is posted here, and it's worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwTLGUTDmgY

Joe Gearin
9/27/16 8:45 a.m.

Bumping this for a new day---- this is limited to 2,500 tickets, so you have a much better chance at winning this new MX-5 Cup car than you do---- getting struck by lightning, winning the lottery, or getting that cute girl who works at the ice cream joint to go on a date with you!

Seriously, it's a great cause, a killer car, and the chances are pretty darn reasonable. Do ettt!

Joe Gearin
9/28/16 9:55 a.m.

They've sold over 65 tickets so far. If you want a chance to win-- enter soon. If you win, taxes will be just under $17K. Thats a heck of a deal on a new MX-5 Cup car that has a real-world cost of $60K.

Enter now....enter often!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/16 10:01 a.m.

Having been struck by lightning at the age of 18 and obviously having dealt with cancer, I'm a shoe in to win right

I think Keith and his crew need a global cup car to stuff a V8 into, I think that'd make for one of the greatest and safest drivers cars for HPDE in the world.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/4/16 1:40 p.m.

For some reason I finally remembered to enter this today.. Thanks for bringing it to my attention a week or two ago!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/4/16 2:58 p.m.

Isn't there one for a $50 regular ND too?

Joe Gearin
10/4/16 3:31 p.m.

Not familiar with that raffle Robbie---- the one we are discussing is for the Lemons of Love Charity--- helping chemo patients. It's a great cause, with honest / good people running it. MAZDA is a big supporter, and has supplied the car for the raffle.

At last count---87 tickets had been bought.....and counting!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5gOasqw6Bhyi0Zss8xVV8xWAOBRb8j6nSCEGuEsdu13aKz684mUpeRetjBi7Fdka