Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/28/20 12:58 p.m.

I got an email asking me to "come back".  I've been a subscriber since 2011 or so, and if I remember correctly I renewed last year long before my November deadline.  I think I remember asking where my new black shirt was?

Now I can't remember the last issue I've received.  I know I haven't seen any GRM Challenge results.  What's the latest issue?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 1:20 p.m.

Call the GRM offices they are great people there. They will get you sorted in a flash. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 1:55 p.m.

I just got the same thing in the mail. I have the same questions. Pretty sure I renewed within the past six months or so.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/28/20 2:04 p.m.

I didn't get the email, but got logged out on my tablet which usually happens at the beginning of the month. Maybe they are having a computer "issue" (see what I did there?).  Or they are stealing all of your monies after 30 years of build up & retiring to live poorly in a 3rd world country? ;)

Like Dean said, call Nancy (I think that is the very nice lady's name) and ask...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/28/20 2:04 p.m.

Yea, I got a letter in the mail a month after I renewed. Check the address label on your last issue, should have a date on it

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
2/28/20 2:09 p.m.

I am also very frustrated with the process. I renew and then immediately get mail telling me that it's time to renew. I subscribe to both magazines. Right now one seems to have expired and the other not. In frustration I'm just waiting and hoping there's another deal like they had with cheap rates and the T shirt or something. Then I'll hit them both again and write it down so I know how long to expect magazines before I have to renew.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/28/20 2:11 p.m.

I received my new issue today in Florida.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/28/20 3:22 p.m.

Last thing we want to do is annoy you (or, maybe, lose you as a subscriber). You can call our circulation department toll-free at (877) 677-6878. 

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 Reader
2/29/20 12:38 a.m.

I'm still getting my print copy but why hasn't the digital version updated since December?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/29/20 3:19 p.m.
rico750sxi_2 said:

I'm still getting my print copy but why hasn't the digital version updated since December?

Because we had to move to a new provider after our printer discontinued the old platform.  Sorry 'bout that--we pushed notifications to users. Click the Digital Edition button on the home page and follow the instructions to link your subscription (if it isn't already) and then you can proceed to view the issues.

Margie

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/29/20 3:26 p.m.

So, I followed the path Margie suggested to the digital edition. 

Once you get there to the digital edition there is a nice surprise...the cover photo of The Challenge Edition. 

Go see for yourself! 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
3/1/20 5:22 a.m.

I started (my second) subscription in October. About 100 days later, I got my t-shirt (mid-February) but have gotten zero actual issues delivered.

Edit: Marjorie is on top of things, problem solved!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
3/1/20 9:49 a.m.

I subbed in November?   got the T-shirt in Jan? 

1st issue arrived yesterday (Feb 29)

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 Reader
3/1/20 10:25 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
rico750sxi_2 said:

Because we had to move to a new provider after our printer discontinued the old platform.  Sorry 'bout that--we pushed notifications to users. Click the Digital Edition button on the home page and follow the instructions to link your subscription (if it isn't already) and then you can proceed to view the issues.

Margie

Thanks, I unlinked then relinquish and I am now seeing them all. 

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
3/1/20 11:29 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
rico750sxi_2 said:

Margie

Unlinked and relinked my subscription, and now I see the 2000 challenge cover as a small icon but when I click on latest issue it is still December 2019.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/3/20 9:10 a.m.

I didn't have time to call during work, so I did the email Contact Us thing.  Got a reply the next day saying I'm good till November, as hoped.  I was wondering if I've missed an issue but I see people are getting their Challenge issue starting yesterday so here's hoping I have a surprise in the next few days...

I'm bringing this back to the top again.

I get renewal notices in the mail today for both of my subscriptions.

And I was thinking "damn, it was just the other day when I renewed". Well, not the other day, but 30 days ago. March 3rd.

I looked it up to make sure...

It sure seems like money could be saved by not sending these things until it really is time for my subscription to expire and be due renewal. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/2/20 4:12 p.m.

It can take a few weeks for subscriptions to update the master list, and it takes weeks to mail a letter, too, so those were probably sent before your renewal was added to the file. Sorry about that!

Jaded
Jaded None
4/2/20 5:02 p.m.

So - I'm a long-time reader (buying at the newsstand) and forum lurker. Decided to subscribe to both mags after yesterday's article about the impact of C19. When I link and try to open the digital editions, it says my login and password is incorrect.  But I'm already logged in!  Very frustrating. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/3/20 8:43 a.m.

I did get my Challenge issue within a day or two of everyone else.  But I too got a notice to renew last week.  For November again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X8S0mUKX0YmCPWsFXfh7rVmTlpQCCoMzbeg00YMm17UfN7CoL0rWmLLz6hEhWW3m