carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
11/4/10 10:43 a.m.

I won't even give you a clue, but I don't even think many of you would be squealing donor car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEXn33o0rKE

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/4/10 10:51 a.m.

At least I did not see a child seat strapped in the back. That has the Darwin stamp of approval all over it.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
11/4/10 10:55 a.m.

Does the fact that it is a Hyundai make it the worst Kia ever?

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
11/4/10 11:42 a.m.

OOOOPS! Hyundai/Kia? What's the difference?

RoosterSauce
RoosterSauce New Reader
11/4/10 11:57 a.m.

I like it except the rims are ugly.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
11/4/10 12:09 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: OOOOPS! Hyundai/Kia? What's the difference?

Hyundai's coupe powers the right wheels and has tarbo-booster.

Kia's is a properly-priced Civic.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic SuperDork
11/4/10 12:59 p.m.

How long until the driver wrecked and died?

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
11/4/10 2:40 p.m.

I thought the "active rear steering" was a neat feature.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
11/4/10 2:49 p.m.

What was "best" was the owner supplied rear hub/bearing/rotor won't even fit that car. That was a 4-lug unit (likely off an older RD Tib or Elantra) and his car is a 5-lug. So much fail... so little time. That car needed to be take out behind the shop and put out of it's misery.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
11/4/10 2:56 p.m.
RoosterSauce wrote: I like it except the rims are ugly.

those are integra wheels. Had them (stock not painted) on my 96 teg. One of the lightest stock wheels IIRC.

RoosterSauce
RoosterSauce Reader
11/4/10 2:58 p.m.
internetautomart wrote:
those are integra wheels. Had them (stock not painted) on my 96 teg. One of the lightest stock wheels IIRC.

Those don't look anything like factory wheels...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
11/4/10 3:08 p.m.
internetautomart wrote:

Not possible. GK Tibs (03-08) are all 5 bolt. (5x114.3) and NO integra ever came with that nasty wheel.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
11/4/10 3:11 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Not possible. GK Tibs (03-08) are all 5 bolt. (5x114.3) and NO integra ever came with that nasty wheel.

What was the 5-lug on the ITRs?

RoosterSauce
RoosterSauce Reader
11/4/10 3:13 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
internetautomart wrote:
Not possible. GK Tibs (03-08) are all 5 bolt. (5x114.3) and NO integra ever came with that nasty wheel.

But the customer-provided rotor they showed in the video was 4-bolt.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
11/4/10 3:15 p.m.

dam you're right, I was thinking of another vid that had them. Been watching too many ugly car vids lately

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
11/4/10 3:18 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: OOOOPS! Hyundai/Kia? What's the difference?

Kia is easier to spell?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/4/10 3:20 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
internetautomart wrote:

DC2 Tegs could be had with 5x114.3.

cxhb
cxhb HalfDork
11/4/10 3:31 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
internetautomart wrote:

Only the Type-R had 5 lug. If you've seen an LS GS RS or GSR variants with 5 lug then someone went through the trouble of swapping over to the type-r equipment.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
11/4/10 3:37 p.m.
cxhb wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
internetautomart wrote:
Only the Type-R had 5 lug. If you've seen an LS GS RS or GSR variants with 5 lug then someone went through the trouble of swapping over to the type-r equipment.

This.... I've spent the last 6+ years selling parts and service for these vehicles. No Type-R came with those wheels.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
11/4/10 3:38 p.m.
RoosterSauce wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
internetautomart wrote:
But the customer-provided rotor they showed in the video was 4-bolt.

See this:

Bobzilla wrote: What was "best" was the owner supplied rear hub/bearing/rotor won't even fit that car. That was a 4-lug unit (likely off an older RD Tib or Elantra) and his car is a 5-lug. So much fail... so little time. That car needed to be take out behind the shop and put out of it's misery.
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/4/10 3:44 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
cxhb wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
internetautomart wrote:
This.... I've spent the last 6+ years selling parts and service for these vehicles. No Type-R came with those wheels.

Sorry, i have no idea what the wheels look like (websense), and i wasn't doubting you. Was just responding to the 5-bolt comment.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
11/4/10 3:58 p.m.

I never said integra's weren't available in 5-bolt, but they were such limited numbers and none were chrome, E36 M3ty looking 17's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MgZmoxiC9RSSTBDhkm5znsBJPtYC4MCfN0nX3Zh3pqTpvvc3z5Uj9WfhtdvCHXu0