Super wagon. Enough said. Do want.

Jeff
Jeff Dork
8/16/12 10:40 p.m.

Be quick about it, that's my 'hood and I'll be back on Sunday

Josh
Josh SuperDork
8/16/12 10:43 p.m.

I say you should pass on it, because if you buy it I definitely wouldn't have the asskickingest station wagon on the forum. (I'm not sure if I do now, but I definitely wouldn't if you had that)

This might even top a CTS-V wagon, because it's not even supposed to exist on this continent, and it doesn't look stupid.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
8/17/12 5:31 a.m.
Jeff wrote: Be quick about it, that's my 'hood and I'll be back on Sunday

You should let me borrow it as a recce car for Tall Pines... just sayin'...

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/17/12 7:20 a.m.

I am currently trying to explain to my son that he DOES NOT need a 300 plus horsepower wagon as his first car . . .

Do it. Or I might

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
8/17/12 8:42 a.m.

Gorgeous!

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
8/20/12 8:54 a.m.

Wish it wasn't a PITA to federalize it for the USA...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/20/12 9:10 a.m.

Just relocate to Canada and enjoy taking that sucker to Tim Hortons!

njansenv
njansenv Dork
8/20/12 11:33 a.m.

I didn't make it out. While I'm coveting the car more than anything else I've seen in a few years, my (very supportive) wife reminded me that purchasing it would delay getting a classic 911. Which is true. Tough call, but the 911 has been a dream for a long, long time.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/12 11:37 a.m.
njansenv wrote: I didn't make it out. While I'm coveting the car more than anything else I've seen in a few years, my (very supportive) wife reminded me that purchasing it would delay getting a classic 911. Which is true. Tough call, but the 911 has been a dream for a long, long time.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
8/20/12 11:40 a.m.
njansenv wrote: I didn't make it out. While I'm coveting the car more than anything else I've seen in a few years, my (very supportive) wife reminded me that purchasing it would delay getting a classic 911. Which is true. Tough call, but the 911 has been a dream for a long, long time.

My arguement: Porsche made a bajillion 911's. Finding one later will not be a problem. BMW made very few E34 M5 Tourings - and they were built for the home market so even fewer have made the trek across the pond to North America.

If you want a financial reason - buy it, keep it nice and enjoy it for a few years while you wait until it hits the US 25 year rule - then sell it for MORE than you paid - and be able to buy an even nicer 911. If you go this route, let me know. I am dead serious when I say the g/f WANTS this car.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
8/20/12 12:28 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
My arguement: Porsche made a bajillion 911's. Finding one later will not be a problem. BMW made very few E34 M5 Tourings - and they were built for the home market so even fewer have made the trek across the pond to North America. If you want a financial reason - buy it, keep it nice and enjoy it for a few years while you wait until it hits the US 25 year rule - then sell it for MORE than you paid - and be able to buy an even nicer 911. If you go this route, let me know. I am dead serious when I say the g/f WANTS this car.

+1 on this.

I would be all over that wagon. I def think that it would be worth even more later.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R1CdBiJ7wLSMyxFrRkbXmuxWgwFdFBTjKiYhdqCZBg3ZtUQNRqYu1vxyJlV6h5P9