Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/1/08 9:00 p.m.

Now I know a WRX will never be a challenge contender but they have come down a lot in price. It also seems that Miata's keep going up in price. I am peering into a crystal ball about two years away and I can see how a 2003 or 2004 wrx could be easily found for a $5-6k price tag. As we speak I found a 2004 WRX for $9k. Would make for a good track car as power can be nicely increased and AWD is always a good tool. I wonder what weight could be brought down to?

So what say ye?

Nashco
Nashco Dork
7/1/08 9:34 p.m.

Well, they just got rid of their '07 WRX. They also had a Saabaru (non-turbo) that was recently released. There's the '95 Impreza they made the rally/rallycross car out of. They currently have an '08 WRX.

How much Subaru can they possibly do? Personally, I'm hoping to see more American cars in the fleet, I think they've had about the same number of American cars in the stable as Subarus alone in the last couple of years (going off memory). I know they've been dabbling in Neon stuff lately, they were fooling with a 'vette a while back but I don't know if they still have that around the office. The Mustang coverage in the last advertiseme...er...issue was a bit overwhelming though, too much of anything is no good. While I do think the Subies are great cars (note my stable currently has two - a Saabaru turbo and early Impreza) there's only so much room for Subies IMO. They've been well covered in the past and they are pretty common cars, in that the chassis are common for many years (and many models) so the stuff covered for an '05 Saabaru, '07 WRX, and '95 Impreza cover a heck of a lot of Subies.

Bryce

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/2/08 7:38 a.m.

Sorry didn't mean for the magazine I meant for someone like me. I will be buying a dedicated track car in two-three years and I have been trying to peer into my crystal ball to see what will be the best option.

Just looking at how the price has come down on these and started to think it could be a really nice track weapon.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
7/2/08 10:32 a.m.

I see...when you said GRM track car, I thought you meant GRM getting it for a track car, not you. If you're talking about buying a dedicated track car in 2-3 years, why not just wait until then and see what strikes your fancy? A lot happens in a couple of years!

Bryce

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7urCWYOt04iikjnKNRNWo2U9Ez8F1OCGbqvJSNidx5wUVPkBURwto0Dtu95wgAbJ