1 2 3 4
irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/21/13 7:36 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: Guess if your own "spike" is too short, you gotta do something to make up for it. Note proud owner behind the top car. How do people with this low of an IQ swing enough employment income to buy these cars?

people not on this forum might say the same about half the cars that we have.....

I wouldn't say it's employment or IQ. It's just bad taste. My father in law makes tons of money and is an actual NASA rocket scientist. But man, he has the worst fashion sense in the world.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder New Reader
8/21/13 7:53 p.m.

It's a status quo thing. I've only really seen this in Texas and basically announces that guy is a true gangsta.

espz28
espz28 New Reader
8/21/13 8:30 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: 200 year genetic experiment gone horribly wrong?

I don't understand - please explain?

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/21/13 8:56 p.m.
espz28 wrote:

Its a hazard to other people........basically he is saying they're retards......because, well they are. I fully endorse the public beating of these individuals.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
8/21/13 11:04 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
espz28 wrote:
Its a hazard to other people........basically he is saying they're retards......because, well they are. I fully endorse the public beating of these individuals.

that's a relief- i was thinking he was talking about a few centuries of selective breeding to get desirable traits for working in the fields all day.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
8/21/13 11:20 p.m.

There is no way these are legal, by any means.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
8/21/13 11:22 p.m.
jdbuilder wrote: It's a status quo thing. I've only really seen this in Texas and basically announces that guy is a true d-bag.

FTFY-

plance1
plance1 Dork
8/22/13 12:56 a.m.

likin the egg beaters man....

jere
jere HalfDork
8/22/13 1:28 a.m.

Nothing a length of rebar between the swangs at a stop light wont fix

kanaric
kanaric Reader
8/22/13 1:33 a.m.

lol that image made me think of this

Maybe someone saw a car being tested and they thought it might look good?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/22/13 5:39 a.m.

For all the money spent on chrome, I would have sided the house.

But my priorities are whacked.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/22/13 5:45 a.m.
914Driver wrote: For all the money spent on chrome, I would have sided the house.

For all the money spent on the car, he could have bought a house.

I dunno...maybe he should have pimped-out a vintage RV? Then he could have had the best of both worlds!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/22/13 6:36 a.m.

Literally dozens of dollars worth of "customization"...gravel driveway. Stay classy my friends!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
8/22/13 6:59 a.m.

I frequently state how great the freedom is here compared to my old country and normaly that's a good thing. But seeing something like this makes me pine for UK laws and cops. That thing wouldn't last 2 mins before being pulled over and taken off the road in the UK, unfortunatly I've never seen a cop pull some one over just for having a lethal vehicle in this country.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/22/13 7:06 a.m.
irish44j wrote:
Yavuz wrote: They're called swangas, elbows, or 84s. That's pretty mild compared to some of the others out there http://www.slabcustoms.net/catalog/slab_section_Elbows.htm
apparently not noticed in this picture, due to swanga distraction: TV screens in the backs of the BACK seat headrests. So you can't pass this dude safely, but at least you can chill behind him and watch a movie. If you can see them past the spare swanga. also not noticed: the top half of the steering wheel is absent.

With the front seat reclined so far, the person in the following car can't see the screen in it's headrest. (look closely, it's there) hence the need for the ones in the rear. I've heard this referred to as "hater vision". Looks like a nice Eldorado under all that crap. Sad....

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/22/13 7:18 a.m.

I think those things are originally from Houston so we can blame them.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/22/13 7:27 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:  photo 2013-07-18_19-02-35_118_zps333b2558.jpg

I smile every time I see it...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/13 9:02 a.m.

wasn't it 68 or 69 that winged knockoffs from the factory were made illegal because you could take somebody's legs out?

Just imagine the courtcase the first time this car goes around a crowded corner too close and chops a kid or old lady in half

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/22/13 9:25 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: wasn't it 68 or 69 that winged knockoffs from the factory were made illegal because you could take somebody's legs out? Just imagine the courtcase the first time this car goes around a crowded corner too close and chops a kid or old lady in half

I believe you hare correct. That along modified door handles, et cetera was for pedestrian safety. My mom's new '65 Mustang had (fake) knockoffs which were not an option on later 60s Mustangs. Same with the wheel nuts on MGs I'd guess.

...and dang I know YMMV, but these look stoopid....

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
8/22/13 9:45 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: There is no way these are legal, by any means.

Did a bit of searching and yeah, they are. Or at least not being declared as illegal by the cops. Bigger issue is that people will literally kill for these?

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
8/22/13 9:52 a.m.

There's a lot of fads out there that has to makes me wonder how managed to get as far as we have. Thankfully we have science to offset such efforts at... I'm not sure what.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/22/13 9:53 a.m.
kb58 wrote: There's a lot of fads out there that has to make people wonder how we go to where we are...

Hey these are practical shoes. They let you ski down the sand dunes.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
8/22/13 9:57 a.m.

If only... nope, they serve no other purpose than for impressing ladies at dances. Got to wonder about them as well...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/22/13 9:58 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
kb58 wrote: There's a lot of fads out there that has to make people wonder how we go to where we are...
Hey these are practical shoes. They let you ski down the sand dunes.

They're for harvesting the Blue Agave Cactus which brings us Tequila.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/22/13 10:02 a.m.

Hey I just realized where this guy's shoes came from:

Yet another Mexico-inspired feature of Bleach's nether-world.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TM5zAhd8MXy2ANkSuelP8NlGSx8tBYJ5y5FtpLTEGvD5oRBaCBvOxHi144Iglr59