RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/18/21 3:22 p.m.

Yesterday, in my backwoods little town, I saw an Aston Martin Vulcan in a bowling ally parking lot. 

Just now, I can still see 2 of them, I was passed on the turnpike heading towards Pittsburgh by 3 lambos, a Ferrari, 2 McLaren, a couple fancy beetles, and an SUV with "my Ferrari blew up" written on the back. 

All with Florida plates, all in a hurry and sounding fantastic. Mostly stickered up, but nothing that stuck out like "one lap".

So what had brought so much out of state horsepower to the area?

Junghole
Junghole SuperDork
9/19/21 8:43 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Refugees?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/21 9:10 a.m.

Maybe we finally started the purge down here.  I'll look into it on the secret FloridaMan forums.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork

In reply to RevRico :

Pretty sure there's a rally that started yesterday in MD

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork

Gumball?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/19/21 9:13 a.m.

American endurance racing at Nelson Ledges maybe? It says "production race cars" but also "hdpe" which doesn't go together in my head.

Nothing at Pitt Race. 

My mechanic thinks gumball rally, because in his smaller, even more backwoods town there were a handful of out of state Ferraris yesterday morning. 

Every now and then we see exotics out here usually registered here, but so many out of state exotics is a mystery. 

Edit cause triple post while I was typing, probably is gumball. Cop they blew by on the turnpike left them alone.

Double exit: Michigan gumball was in August, next on their website is Arizona in November.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 10:09 a.m.

Driving on 50 near the western end of WV we noticed a couple of packs of Prowlers and a couple of other hot rods going West. Maybe there was some event somewhere out in Ohio?

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 2:09 p.m.

Pittsburgh has more tech money than you can imagine. Lots of exotics here, looking for something to do, so rallys are popular. They all stop by PittRace and hit the kart track.  Growing up here, it's still a shock when I blow by a Lambo on I-79

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 2:39 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

Driving on 50 near the western end of WV we noticed a couple of packs of Prowlers and a couple of other hot rods going West. Maybe there was some event somewhere out in Ohio?

Today on I-480 in Cleveland, saw a few out of state plated modded Chargers/Challengers driving west in loose formation.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 8:32 p.m.

Pittsburgh's renaissance.

I lived in Indiana PA for 8 years (92-2000) and Pittsburgh for four years (2010-2013).  The difference in Pittsburgh's timbre was striking.  In the first stint there, it was mostly aging steel workers who were living off their meager buyout retirement chugging IC light on their front porch at 10am in a ripped t-shirt.  In my second stint there, it was the children of those old steel workers following in dad's blue collar footsteps - plus a healthy dose of new millenial/Gen Y/Gen Z upstarts bringing their entrepreneurial genius to the town.

I have never seen a city with such a disparate schism between the haves and have-nots except maybe Baltimore.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
9/19/21 9:12 p.m.

Savage rally. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LAphSSEx9E3Iui1IoRTVTybzejrhtzi3W2p3Pm3OaEFMUDR8sURwRpssYgMH42rZ