1 2
93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/17/12 12:14 p.m.

I think the XJ200 was the best looking supercar of the '90s.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/17/12 12:29 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
pigeon wrote: Caught an old Top Gear last night that featured 80s supercars vs modern (Carrera GT, etc.) supercars. The Jag 220 surprisingly kicked the V12 Pagani's ass in the drags, but that's all they used it for.
Heh, i remember watching this. I'm pretty sure the expression on my face was

Yeah, for some reason I thought it would be slower. I was startled at how fit took off like that.

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/17/12 3:25 p.m.
gamby wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
pigeon wrote: Caught an old Top Gear last night that featured 80s supercars vs modern (Carrera GT, etc.) supercars. The Jag 220 surprisingly kicked the V12 Pagani's ass in the drags, but that's all they used it for.
Yeah, for some reason I thought it would be slower. I was startled at how fit took off like that.

NO WAY!

LINK!!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/17/12 3:38 p.m.
a401cj wrote:
gamby wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
NO WAY! LINK!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPlmET1u38

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
1/17/12 5:04 p.m.

That is the most awesome thing I had seen today. And that was the standard xj220, no S in sight.

Will
Will Dork
1/17/12 5:10 p.m.

As I recall, the Fast Masters series featured quite a few older NASCAR drivers, and no one told them they weren't supposed to race the same way they did at Bristol.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
1/17/12 10:57 p.m.

A little bump and rub never hurt anybody's ultra exotic supercar ...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/12 12:34 p.m.

Ugh, those were ill-handling pigs, eh? Combined with the turbo lag and you could tell the guys who came from the old Can-Am/F1/Indy days acclimated pretty well.

Not too say I wouldn't want one. I do. They are very beautiful and with some modernization, could be made into something more enjoyable to drive. A friend of a friend is doing something like this with a Countach, I should check on how that's coming along as it sounds like a fun project.

Interesting reading about how TWR was involved in these cars and how one of their business partners happened to be a production company. So while it may be intitially confusing to have them on TV, it makes sense once you dig into the situation they had. i.e. no buyers, lots of cars, a firm that loves to go racing with many friends in the racing world, and a TV production company that wants some of its investment back with connections to ESPN, etc.

Basically? They made a bunch of lemonade and it was awesome.

intrepid
intrepid New Reader
1/18/12 12:55 p.m.

The older XJ13 is the one that really gets me. Don't know how to post a picture, but if you're not familiar with the car, look it up.

-chris r.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/12 1:30 p.m.
intrepid wrote: The older XJ13 is the one that really gets me. Don't know how to post a picture, but if you're not familiar with the car, look it up. -chris r.

Open new tab, type in Google.com, then type in a search parameter, click on Images on the left. Find desired picture, click on it. Copy address of picture from the address bar, come back to GRM to post.

In the posting window, click on the icon and paste address you copied earlier. Click OK, type what you want to say and click "Add Post"

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
1/18/12 1:36 p.m.

so is matte black still played out?
didn't think so

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ku3Zzm8jkI3eplv72W3esGn9D7oOV7R0xfg6ErVZaQO0r1jiM2vXEzSYMVETTz63