Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
12/26/08 6:29 a.m.

Hey guys,

I have been on the search for a couple of parts for my new car,and I was told to search Yahoo Auctions Japan,and I may find the parts if I am patient. Well I can't even figure out how to make it search. I did a search on Yahoo for the auctions in Japan site,and clicked the link that said "translated",but it still didn't let me search for the parts I am looking for.

Is there a trick to making this work? Does anyone on here understand Japanese so they could tell me if these parts are out there? Any help would be much appreciated.

By the way the parts I am looking for are a SSS grille,and small sized bumpers for my new to me 78 Datsun 510(called Stanza in Japan,and Violet in the UK).

Chris

blaze86vic
blaze86vic New Reader
12/26/08 7:30 a.m.

Well the bigger problem is that 99% of the items on Yahoo Japan are local sale only. I've been looking for a while now, and I do see the parts I want for my 73 Celica, but every time it's local sale only.

There is a place that I know of that will purchase the item for you and then deliver it to you, but it drives the cost up pretty bad.

http://www.importmonster.com.au/

And for searching, I used a translator site to translate what I'm looking for to Japanese characters (they do need to be installed from the Windows CD onto your computer)

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
12/26/08 11:07 a.m.

What if I don't use a Windows machine?

blaze86vic
blaze86vic New Reader
12/26/08 11:16 a.m.

Just as long as you can see Japanese characters you're good. If all you see is a bunch of blocks then you need to install Japanese characters. Check online if you don't have the language installed.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
12/26/08 3:36 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: By the way the parts I am looking for are a SSS grille,and small sized bumpers for my new to me 78 Datsun 510(called Stanza in Japan,and Violet in the UK). Chris

I need some glass for mine. I've had a hard time searching Japanese auctions too. At least they speak English in the UK, so I can find stuff there.

boxedfox
boxedfox New Reader
12/26/08 4:22 p.m.

Most Yahoo! Auction listings are in Katakana, so you might have a tough time finding stuff if you search w / alphanumerics. Try searching by chassis code instead of the name and see what you get.

BTW, here's what I was able to find:

Bluebird SSS front grille + emblem

Stanza / Violet / 510 rear bumper

Not sure if they'll fit your car (I'm not too familiar with the old A10 Stanzas), but it might be worth a shot.

While I'm at it, here's a few key search phrases in case you want to try copy-pasting together your own searches:

Bluebird - ブルーバード

Stanza - スタンザ

Violet - バイオレット

Bumper - バンパー

Grille - グリル

Emblem - エンブレム

Glass - ガラス

Fender - フェンダー

Door - ドア

Light(s) - ライト

Mirror - ミラー

Good luck.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
12/26/08 7:20 p.m.

That bumper looks like the one I want. How would you suggest I contact the seller,and can you tell me if it is only for local pickup? Thanks for your help.

Chris

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
12/26/08 7:32 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: That bumper looks like the one I want. How would you suggest I contact the seller,and can you tell me if it is only for local pickup? Thanks for your help. Chris

I used an engrish translator and it said "Overseas dispatch It does not correspond".

Sounds like the directions to some of the toys I had to put together yesterday.

boxedfox
boxedfox New Reader
12/26/08 7:34 p.m.

Shoot. You're right. Neither item has international shipping options.

nengun
nengun None
5/18/09 7:31 p.m.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but noticed this while searching the website. We have just launched a new bidding service for the Yahoo Japan Auctions and can ship anywhere in the world. We have done our best to make searching as easy as possible and to keep shipping costs to a minimum. Welcome any feedback on the site: Nengun Yahoo Japan Auctions

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
5/18/09 7:42 p.m.

cool!!!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
5/19/09 9:49 a.m.

Nice site! I'll be shopping there at some point...

andrave
andrave Reader
5/19/09 9:53 a.m.

The lack of capitalization on the second word in the thread title made me think this would be a link to a Yahoo auction of Japan. And I wanted to bid. I've always fancied myself owning Japan.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
5/19/09 10:00 a.m.

rhdjapan.com also has a similar site.

www.bidjdm.com. Reasonably easy to use. I haven't seen prices or anything, but alltrac.net so far seems to like it.

I always liked www.rhdjapan.com just to drool over.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/19/09 10:08 a.m.
nengun wrote: Sorry to bring up an old post, but noticed this while searching the website. We have just launched a new bidding service for the Yahoo Japan Auctions and can ship anywhere in the world. We have done our best to make searching as easy as possible and to keep shipping costs to a minimum. Welcome any feedback on the site: Nengun Yahoo Japan Auctions

Why no available search for the 1st Gen RX-7?

googlefive
googlefive
2/11/11 11:15 p.m.

Nice Post, Yahoo auction japan is good auction services in japan. The store has lots of good stuff and the auction is fun. It is a game where you can't lose.

Japan Shopping Services

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/11/11 11:40 p.m.

Canoe

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VfmIp3nRSD09ZPXetBITI4XYoD1plcpLGCF2rB85w9MwROtKS2U3xMQcuyUXxWqT