David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/21/17 11:42 a.m.
feature_image

It looks cool, matches our cargo shorts, and makes little sense so, of course, we want it. The price for this 1990 Suzuki Carry 4WD Mini-Truck is $7900 at Duncan Imports & Classic Cars, and their website shows more than a hundred of these little JDM mini-trucks in stock.

Read the rest of the story

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/17 12:31 p.m.

I would love to have one, but NJ rules say NO road use at all

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/21/17 1:10 p.m.

The city of Anchorage has like 5 of these that they use downtown to empty the trash cans and I think check parking meters in some locations.RHD and all. Judging by the tanks on the back of some, they may be converted to propane or something.

Edit: Holy crap we have a JDM Kei Truck dealer here in town. I know what I'm doing on my lunch.

http://cookinletminitrucks.com/

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
8/21/17 2:02 p.m.

It's too much for what you get. 8k should be ballpark for a jdm mr2 or something like that. I'd prefer seeing this at about 3-5k

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
8/21/17 2:11 p.m.

One of these would be cooler.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
8/21/17 2:16 p.m.

In reply to Trackmouse:

The camo paint job and wheels/tires adds a lot, if you go on their site they start at more like $5k. In any event these are a bargain cross shopping side by sides, especially with the enclosed cab, heater, and sometimes AC.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/21/17 2:25 p.m.

I have always thought these vehicles look cool and I have ridden in them on Catalina Island, CA. But, when it really comes down to price/value/capabilities I'd be better off with a used Ford Ranger 4wd for less money.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/21/17 3:38 p.m.

Yes please.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/17 4:05 p.m.

We can't register them in NY. I'd rather a Hiace truck

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/21/17 4:34 p.m.

These things have to have about the highest profit margin of JDM imports. They probably buy them in bulk for almost nothing. Considering i've seen less-desirable JDM cars being listed by importers for 2500-4000, and often at 5k, i do think these things are overpriced. I can find factory turbo Suzuki Samurai and Mitsubishi Pajeros for 5k somewhat regularly. Unless one of these has a neat lift/tilt bed or something like that i just don't see them being worth over 4k even after import costs blah blah. But they're cool!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/22/17 3:13 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: We can't register them in NY. I'd rather a Hiace truck

That's pretty cool, too.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/17 3:20 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I can find factory turbo Suzuki Samurai and Mitsubishi Pajeros for 5k somewhat regularly.

There were no factory turbo Samurais - at least not under the Suzuki brand for sure.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/22/17 3:23 p.m.

That's really expensive for a Kei truck

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/22/17 5:21 p.m.
There were no factory turbo Samurais - at least not under the Suzuki brand for sure.

Technically it would be a Jimny i guess.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FUmJMyJhKPRKSARdGgJBVzHMDSvTlTs7F8rFEzSwe5erbVO5QsWeWJL0Akc7WUVV