Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/11/17 12:29 p.m.
feature_image

Who's ready for a big package of '80s awesomeness? Bring a Trailer is auctioning off this 1987 Shelby Lancer. It's been in storage for 20 years and was just recently pulled out and given a complete mechanical refresh. The auction ends Tuesday, October 17.

Read the rest of the story

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/11/17 12:32 p.m.

This thing is leaking coolness all over the place. I have such a soft spot for these 80s compacts. 

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
10/11/17 1:06 p.m.

Oh that is just chock full of 80's awesome.  I'm not ashamed to admit I loved those things when they were new.  I even liked the design of the Plymouth Sundance/Dodge Shadow.  IIRC, there was a CSX version of the Dodge too.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/17 1:09 p.m.
Klayfish said:

Oh that is just chock full of 80's awesome.  I'm not ashamed to admit I loved those things when they were new.  I even liked the design of the Plymouth Sundance/Dodge Shadow.  IIRC, there was a CSX version of the Dodge too.

Yup, the Shelby CSX started in 87, same as the Shelby Lancer.  In 88 Shelby partnered with Thrify car rental (similar to Hertz with the Mustangs) and produced the Shelby CSX-T.

http://shelbyregistry.com/ has more info on the various models, etc.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
10/11/17 2:40 p.m.

This is what my dad drove everyday when I was a kid,, he had a GLH and a turismo as well. He spent a lot having head gaskets replaced if I remember correctly

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BHF9rVhI05WaLhkQFIpL6ECwsX1k7BMUuUxMlhDRUkfw4Mhkr9Ww7oyb2kxgxsOT